Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I don't understand

Pain_is_mePPain_is_me Posts: 69
I finally had my MRI and got the preliminary results a few days ago. I say preliminary because its just the radiologist's report handed to me by my physiotherapist. I still have to wait till Monday to see the orthopedic surgeon to discuss the results. As with the CT scan I had done last fall it still shows no nerve impingement,no reason for my sciatic nerve to still be acting up. I have pain every day and the evenings are bad, especially if I'v been on my feet alot. I get pain down my buttock, thigh, calf and down the outside of my foot so bad I could almost cry - and that's even after 2 T3's and 100 mg of Lyrica. The back pain is much worse than the leg but both ore bad.

I will post here my results, maybe I'm missing something or not understanding something. I know no one here is medical experts and can't tell me exactly what is wrong, my Dr. will do that on Monday but any ideas what some of this means would be nice to ease my mind till then. The biggest surprise was a second herniation at L4-5,that never showed up on the CT scan.

Disc space, vertebral body height and alignment are generally maintained with the exception of the L5-S1 level. Quite marked disc space narrowing with moderate type I marrow changes anteriorly noted. There is quite marked right L4-5 facet joint degenerative changes, less severe on the left side. There is moderate central annular prolapse at this degenerate L5-S1 level but the thecal sac, lateral recesses and foramina are of well preserved caliber. Similarly at the L4-5 level there is a more broad based annular prolapse. This too does not significantly narrow the thecal sac, lateral recesses or foramina.. The remainder of the thecal sac is of large caliber with no other potentially symptomatic findings noted. Tip of conus lies at the T12/L1 level.

advertisement

Comments

• In my modest opinion u have degenerative changes on ur discs plus facet joints. I have a similar MRI results and had to have the surgery. U have prolapsed discs this means that they are in contact with nerves or smh that is causing ur pain. There is the straight leg test that can tell whether smh is impinging on ur nerves. Just google it and ur doc should perform it on u as well. It's harmeless but diagnostically relevant. Good luck