Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Tried Lunesta last night... not so good for me

JulieAJJulieA Posts: 1,420
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Sleep Problems
Yesterday I tried a sample of Lunesta that my PM doc gave me. I have been taking Ambien for about a year and my script was being refilled- but I thought I may developed a resistance to it. I haven't slept good since my Oxy increase about 2-3 months ago....

So I took the Lunesta at 10:30 pm and nothing happened. I took another dose at 3 am and finally went to sleep. I woke up at 5 am again... Uggg!

Well it took me half the day to get rid of the Hang Over- but the worse thing is the aweful taste in my mouth. It is so gross. I keep brushing but it is not working :( I didnt realize it was the Lunesta until I googled the "real" side effects. It feels as if I burnt the inside of my mouth with garlic and onions (2 things I used to love).

She gave me another sample of something else, but tonight I am sticking to Ambien and Zanaflex (I went back on it today).

Wish me luck sleeping- I really need a break.

• Good Luck, Julie!

I hope your sleep habits are doing better now.

Are you still on the ambien and is it still working for you?

I tried Lunesta for a short time and it just didn't work as well as the ambien did. That is almost 3 years ago now though. I didn't get the hangover feeling though. I did with ambien originally. I have never taken zanaflex but understand it is much like flexeril? I also tried two flexeril at bedtime and it did help back then.

It's bad enough going without sleep or poor sleep but with pain besides. :(

• Yes I started sleeping better again. I do take Ambien, zanaflex, & oxycodone right at bedtime now and it is helping. I am waking up rested finally. I get a good 4 hours wake & take my next dose and have been falling right back to sleep for another 3-4 hours. I got to say it feels great to be sleeping again ;-)

• Sleep is more important than anything. I can deal with some of the pain if I get at least 4-6 hours of sleep. I am afraid that I may have to make a switch to something else as it doesn't work like it used to for me. I used to take 200 mg trazadone and with the cymbalta it worked for the while too. I now need at least 12 mg ambien for it to work and not every night. Hope it continues to help you!