Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Surgery in 2 days

LexusLLexus Posts: 14
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi I'm new to this site. I have posted once in the surgery section. I will be having surgery June 29. And here is my story.

Surgery is C6-7 Anterior Cervical Discectomy & fusion. I'm taking Percocet for pain. The surgery will be done as an outpatient. I'm having some sort of spacer put in not a bone graft which I've heard the bone graft can be painful in itself. I'm real nervous which I know is normal.

I'm glad I found this site I will let everyone know how it turns out.

• Within the last couple of days I saw a post from somebody who had a 1 level ACDF and they did fine.

I'm 8 weeks out from a 4 level and I am healing. Be patient and don't overdo it. If you have pain afterwards, use the pills.

Take care.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • I'm sure you will be fine...anterior is much easier
    and less painful than posterior. You may feel like you have a frog in your throat, but it will get better.
    I suggest pudding, yogurt, popsicles, etc. for when you get home as you may have a sore throat! I have had
    anterior and just recently anterior and posterior, done
    one day apart. Just try to relax...
  • Thanks for your encouraging words.