Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New problem ... on top of problems "Pinch Stenosis"

MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Well you don't have to be a radologist to see the problems with this MRI .... Just look in the little circle in the top MRI. You can see the effacement of the Thecal sac due to herniation and posterior effacement do to either a calcified posterior ligament or ostophtye. Where oh where has my CFS gone?? Oh Where oh where can it be??

Working on a history of my films via photobucket ... this was my first test. More boring studies to come.

Spine-health Moderator
Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• Dave,

Any game plan yet? You must be symptomatic or no now? It looks painful...

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Yes the pinch is very obvious. Sorry :-(
    The MRI is from 9/2010; is that the latest image? How long have.you had the c3 compression? Did it occur after your last surgery? Is it.stable or progressing?
    I hope its not causing you too much pain. Have you done any ESI's at that level? My heart goes out to you, so much hardware.
    Sorry for all the questions, I have stenosis C5-7 with fragments at C6 did two ESI and have gotten some symptom relief and just wonder if it just helps with pain or does anything for the actual pressure.

Take care
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    Most resent study ... Had a cat scan in October and another MRI in December.

Symptomatic - yeppers ... my left arm is going "out" on me again and of course chronic lower neck and shoulder - upper neck pain. (sometimes both thumbs go "out".

Recent treatment - Had two Cervical ESi's in April and May - 1st one at that level (C3) gave me some relief - like two or three days - second one directly into the level of my hardware - result - nuttin.(lotsa scar tissue and hardware to get around)- my doctor almost needed a running start to get the needle through).

How long has this been like this? - believe it or not - the herniation at C3 has been there through all 5 of my surgeries and never was addressed. 6 years or so. (Have no idea why - probably because the problems and mylopathy at C4 - C7 was more severe). It has only been in the past year or so that the posterior issue at C3 has reared its ugly head.

Game plan .... wait till Medicare kicks in in a year ... assuming I can wait that long. I really don't want anymore surgery and have my L4 L5 with L5 nerve root compression to deal with now also.

Collars and cane for protection, Meds for pain and sleep - no more bike rides - one good fall and I'm in sheep dip.

With all the other issues in my crazy life - I know that my physical problems eclipse them all. And we wonder why somedays we feel kinda blue....

Thank goodness for all of you! .... you all are my connection to caring and truely loving, concerned people - and an outlet for my daily concerns and dismay.

Warmest Regards,

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• It's not good if your arm is going out on you and you would have to wait a year for treatment. Do they have any University hospitals around you that could get you in for more tests or treatment? It's frustrating not to have treatment for something like a neck injury go untreated. Even a ESI may be helpful or treatment in an ER, doesn't cost anything does it to find out if it's okay to be walking around with that arm going numb on you and your neck condition?

Just concerned about your arm nerves being compressed or your neck getting worse since the time of your CT and MRI. I'm can't read MRIs but if your symptoms are getting worse you should get another evaluation by going to the ER and get that arm and neck looked at. Take care and praying for you. Charry

DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Dave,

I clean forgot you have to wait for Medicare to kick in. For some reason I tied it (timing wise) with SSD being approved.

Kind of scary when we think about some of the ticking time bombs we have eh? No pole dancing with Alex, and you'll be fine!! (G)

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.