Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

July 4th

dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Matters of the Heart
I might be breaking some of the forum rules here by posting something that may seem somewhat political. But after watching the video and crying for a while, I wanted to post it for everyone to see.

I apologize if anyone objects to the post I just made. I know I have several friends here that have served their country and would appreciate this video. This is not meant to ba anything political, but instead for all of us to appreciate the sacrifices all soldiers have made over the years.

It really doesnt matter what country you are from, its all about our global fight and right for freedom and that we will never stop till its done

Please take a second out of your time to view this:

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com

• Thank you for posting this but I can hardly watch it especially seeing as Nathaniel , you remember him don't you Papa ,he wants to do that early sign up thing for the military...

It was beautiful but heart breaking....too much sacrifice and God forgive me , but I don't want it to become my son's sacrifice...I guess that makes me terrible!!!

But proud of him I am and proud of him I will always be!!!! No matter what he does!!!!

Btw , I am a PROUD daughter of a Navy Veteran , a PROUD wife of an Army Veteran and I will be a PROUD MOTHER OF MY SON AS HE ENLISTS IN THE ARMY!!!!
  • That have to go through that terrible loss,your child's sacrifice has allowed us our freedom & protection,God bless you all & fill your lives with joy.
    Thanks Papa,for that time of reflection.
  • Ron,

"Tie a yellow ribbon round EVERY Oak tree!!" Being an Army brat (mothers first husband), then a Navy brat (her second) and 10 years Army myself, then almost 20 more civil servant, I am very glad you posted that link.

There are so many countries involved in some sort of military action, so I can't figure too many *IF* any would have issue. Happy 4th!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,842
    when all of us from any country should pay tribute and thanks to all that have served.

Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • Truer words couldn't have been written. You have that right!! *HUGZ* Thanks again for the link - I've saved it.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Ron, I've seen this video before, and all I can say is that it pretty much sums it up for us. To know that even just one person is waiting at home who loves us, misses us and is proud of us is enough to get us through. That little girl is profound and wise beyond her years to create such a beautiful tribute.

There's a new show on TLC that just premiered tonight called Surprise Homecoming, all about troops who, well, come home and surprise their families who didn't know that they were coming. I highly recommend having the kleenex box handy if anyone is going to catch it next week!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • Thanks Ron!
    I appreciate your comments. I'm the wife of a Colonel, daughter of a Colonel, and mother of an Army Combat Medic/SGT. He is just finishing his stateside training before going back to Iraq for his second tour. He'll be gone 14 months this time. We are so proud of him.
    I salute all veterans and their spouses - thank you for your service.
    Pat Gibson
    L5S1 ALIF 2-22-11
    Now L4 Retrolisthisis