Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

The main site has all the formal medical articles and videos for you to research on.

just joined this site

darkinhereddarkinhere Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in New Member Introductions
Hi All
My name is Vincent,and I am a 40 year old male from South Africa.
I was born with Spina Bifida MMC with Hydracephalus and was diagnosed with Tethered Cord Sydrome\Split Cord Malformation and Arnold Chiari type 2 about 5 years ago
I had detethering surgery about 2 years ago and it was unsuccessful
I also had another op for the recurrence of hydracephalus in Feb last year,and had another drain inserted
I hope to make lots of new friends here
advertisement

Comments

• Hi,
    I am new here too, I hope you find lots of support and help here too. You sound as if you have had more than your fair share of surgery!
  • Hi Vincent,

Welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find other whom have the same issue as yourself. What level of your spine did they do the deteethering at? Or I should say what levels of your spine are your issues at? There is a lot of knowledge in the old post and the doctor written peer reviewed literature.

I do hope you get some relief soon. Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. If there is anything I can do don't hesitate to pm me. Take care and look forward to reading more of your post.
  • advertisement
  • you have found a great site, lots of info and awesome people to support you. Enjoy the exploration!
    take care
    Bonnie
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am not famaliar with your medical situation but i do know illness and pain and we do share that!! i am so glad you dropped in! please have a good look around and make yourself at home! stop by anytime, there is always a spiney around! Jenny :)
  • error, sorry!!!!
  • advertisement
  • error,sorry!! :)
  • Welcome to the site! I'm new here too.
advertisement