Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Just needing to gripe

michellemmichelle Posts: 197
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Chronic Pain
I can't handle the pain today. Nausea and vomiting because if it and nothings helping. God I can't take this anymore , thank goodness kid is in daycare today so I can rest but have call into dr to find out when doing the ct Myelogram . Supposed to teach a CPR class with husband tomorrow and I pray this crap stops. Looks like I'll be talking from a chair while he does the physical work. I'm having a pity party today who wants to join me with Ben and jerrys once the n/v stop?Ok. Enough griping. Thx

• Hi,
    I thought I was the only one that vomits when the pain gets severe enough. I am dying today as well and am sick of this. Sometimes I wish I had died on the table.
    another gripe I have is my damn insurance company. All of a sudden they decide I cannot pick up my meds the day they run out. I have to pick them up the following day. That means I have to go all night without medication once a month. I have been doing this for a year and all of a sudden they change the rules! Their response is "maybe I should just pay out of pocket!" I bet allot of people will just pay for their medication so the insurance company will save millions of dollars by doing this.
    I think tonight my medication will be captain morgan :-)
  • I thought about that also as bad as it sounds gimpy if it would of been beter to just die on the operating table. It sounds real bad but i think anyone is serious pain long term after surgery has thought about it at 1 point or another. Of course that dont make us suicidel but pain can make you wonder when it gets real bad.

When i had the 2 nd nerve stimulater trial and you have to meet the shrink before the trial it turned out it was the same shrink i met years ago when i had my 1 st trial. I asked him have we met before or am i crazy? I even told him if anyone says they never thought about being beter off dead with this kind of pain is simply lying or there pain might not be so serious.

He made no argument about it realising its already my 2nd trial still dealing with same pain sense last time we met and i just want some releif that any human deserves in life.

Michelle: sorry you not feeling real good.
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Gimpy, my insurance is giving me grief to about early refills before going on vacation a day early. So they want me to pay out of pocket for the whole month instead of a day early even though my doc approved early refill. I know it's the insurance company's decision.

I feel like I have to plan vacations now around when my meds run out. Kinda feeling bad today. Sometimes I feel that the meds control when I can leave town or not. Since I am going out of State didn't want to go through the big ordeal of transferring everything and then taking the chance of the other State Pharmacy not filling my script.

Gripe, Gripe, Gripe.

• Gimpy why are they saying you have to miss your dose? Can you get your dr on your side so your not dealing with a nonmedical transcriptionist? Alex thanks for the well wishes . It is what it is so just gotta get through it today. Husband got off work late from a late call so I took munchkin to daycare but he helps take care of him the rest of the time. Jace doesn't understand though and it breaks my heart when i can only tolerate holding him while sitting down. May not be able to wrestle with him but I can play toys and go walk short walks . We have a really cool trike he got for his bday that grows with him to age three. It has a steering handle for me so I don't have to bend and it detaches as he gets older . ( thx inlaws... It helps me play with our kid) pretty neat . Ya know I agree we have all considered what it would have been like for our families if we didn't make it out of surgery .it doesn't mean we are suicidal but it does show our quality of life is so severely effected that we can become at risk of such. It's hard to think of our families and friends when we are so consumed with daily pain.
  • I prety much for the last 7 years never let my dr lower the meds even when i know i dont take as much as prescribed so i can save it up as my back up meds. I learned when i ran out years ago and never again will i let that hapen where i am stuck hurting and have nothing to take while trying to wait out the next appointment.

For example if you take 2 less pills a day the script alows then it ads up each week and each month so if i do have to leave town i am stocked up. Thats the only way we can protect ourself i dont care what we have to tell the dr. He not the one suffering. Before my surgery the neuro i was seeing wrote script for 1 year so i would only have to see him once a year not like pain dr needs to see you every month which is bs if they cant help you anyways other then writing script.

Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Hi Michelle,
    the insurance company has decided that I have to wait until the day after I run out before they will fill my script. This means I miss my 2 am and 6 am dose as I live in the boonies and do not have a 24 hour pharmacy. I ran out last night at 10 pm so I have been up all night in more agony than I can remember as I am drug free other than tylenol and gabapentin until my mom gets here at 9:30 with my meds. I need to call the doctor about this as I cannot do this once a month it is hell! Maybe I need stronger meds as I have to take my full dose 100% of the time or I am bedridden. Currently on Percocet, oxycodone and gabapentin.
    We are going on a cruise with my parents so my wife can get a vacation and I am scared to death of running out of meds while out of the country.
    At least I am not going thru withdrawals :-)
  • Hi Scott,
    I spoke with my pharmacist and it seems that most insurance companies are going the route of no early refills even 1 day. This is a huge cost saving measure for them because a large percentage of their customers will just pay out of pocket rather than suffer. Imagine how much they would save if even 1 percent of the patients did this.

I am going to do what Alex suggests. I will have to have the doctor adjust my meds so I can stop taking 100% all the time this way I can save up some pills for emergencies. I am so afraid of becoming hooked on these drugs that I had the doctor reduce my meds a few months ago, That was a bad idea!
  • i hadnt heard of the insurance companies doing that yet but it doesnt surprise me. i like alex's idea. I do the same because of some days i dont need all that is prescribed but most i do so i have a few to tide me over if needed. Unless you have the potential for addiction in your personality try not to worry about becoming "addicted". Its not the same as dependant on the meds for pain control. If your in pain do what you need to do to function at a near normal level as possible. Sucks that the insurance companies make us play this game. its not right.
  • HI,
    Unfortunately I was raised by a drug addict (father) that had me hooked on drugs before I even hit puberty.
    When I met my wife in Highschool she saw some type of potential, She dusted me off, threw me in rehab and I never had a relapse and never looked back.
    She says my addiction was due to my age and not personality but I worry about it everyday.
    That was one of the reasons I opted for surgery. I didnt like taking the pills. Oh well that didnt work out as planned now I am on more pills in one day than I was on in a week.
    My Pills arrived this morning at 10 a.m and I will never run out again! That was the most painful night I have had since surgery.
  • Thanks I think I am going that route too with what Alex suggests. It's not that I can't afford to pay a month out of pocket it's also the hassel. I travel a lot for business so anytime I have to do early refill and have it called in by my doc I feel the glares at the Pharmacy sometimes like i am an abuser. I know they probably see all types of people and hear all types of stories and excuses but it's like they think you are an addict or something. I take as prescribed and rarely do early refills unless it's business or vacation but I am sure people use that as an excuse.

It's very frustrating because I tried to do everything on the level with them, I spoke with them last weekend about what's going on and that I had a scheduled visit anyway to my doc for my checkup and explained to my doc and she was completely fine with it. I explained to my doc that I had all the reservations my pills left so she could count if needed and was honest about doing the right thing and the best way to handle it with my Pharmacy here and the best way to handle it out of state . I know it's the insurance company and their bottom line.

Thanks to all the advice

• Ok I've had it with this nerve pain . Do you realize how much it messes with your head when your legs feel like they are on fire, wet and itchy at the same time. For gods sake it sounds like athletes foot , wish it were cause they have cream for that . There is not a damn thing for the nerve when it gets to this level. So I propose we collectively agree on alternative substitutes. Example : broom handle, cardboard roll from wrapping paper , wet slab of meat from the butcher, whatever. Just stop the madness before i hack off both legs with a saw. Hopefully the epidural on July 19 will calm it down.
  • Have your husband massage the lower back with anything if you dont have coconut oil grab olive oil or whatever. If he can massage deep in to the muscle from ass to foot on both sides where the muscle come out from hip. Mostly in the very back of the legs. Once you break up the stiffness. Withing those muscles i asure you the leg pain will let up. Put that man of yours to work and you will see how fast it helps. Sometimes if its done real good and intense it is beter then after an injection.
    2012 scs implant ,
  • That sounds great but problem is he is at work on the helicopter tonight and currently on an emergency call , just got off the phone. I did tell him to come straight home so that's the first thing I'll make him do .( after a shower of course) hopefully munchkin will sleep through the night . In the meantime I'll just massage myself . If it doesn't work I'll cut it off with a plastic Spork . Chris is 6 foot 220 pounds and strong so I will definitely make that boy work.
This discussion has been closed.