Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

C6 compressed nerve?

MinijiniMMinijini Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical

I was in a cat accident where my head was turned at impact from behind a few yrs ago. I was in a small car hit by a full size school bus. I have had intense burning pain in back bw shoulder blades for quite some time. It's getting worse. I use muscle relaxers, tens unit and tramadol. I also have pain in my left shoulder, popping, and nerve sensations tha run down my collar bone. MRIs of neck, shoulder and back showed nothing but c6 nerve compression. They are injecting that nerve tomorrow with a block. What will that be like?

Also, they aren't sure it will help the back. My chiropractor has to see me constantly to relieve pain and was the one who sent me in. What should I do? I'm so frustrated. I'm a 34 yr old female. Already had ulnar nerve release and carpal tunnel release on that side. Nerve conduction should damage at bicep and c6 involvement. Elbow and hand still hurt after surgeries!