Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

July 19th I get poked in the butt!!!!!

michellemmichelle Posts: 197
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Chronic Pain
Hee hee , so instead of a ct Myelogram I'm having an epidural done on Tuesday July 19 to try to get rid of this nerve pain. Depending on results from that then we will see about the ct . Whatever , they said they can do it with the ADR but I was told during pregnancy they couldn't because anesthesia dr didn't want to risk it. So let's raise our glass And toast that this will take the edge off the nerve pain or that he will just cut the darn thing off in the first place and give me a peg leg. Woo hoo.

• Good Luck with the proscedure!
    What type of nerve damage do you have? How long do they hope the shot will last?
  • Not exactly sure which ones are damaged that are causing the pain. Had an emg done years ago I was told they put too large of a disk in that possibly stretched everything. I don't have problems with motor function only sensory . I do drag my foot occasionally when its really inflamed like i can't pick it up all the way but it's transient. I'm up at 0330 cause the nerve pain overrides my meds and sleep aids . Sucks , this epidural can't come quick enough
  • I have not found anything that helps me sleep when the pain flares other than exhaustion finally sets in on about day 3 of a really bad episode. I finally slept last night after 2 days of cat napping because the hypersensitivity pain was so bad.
    I hope your epidural gives you some relief!
This discussion has been closed.