Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Leg pain eases with walking?

FranklinFFranklin Posts: 6
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Neurosurg. wants to fuse; Ortho. says Lumbar Laminectomy L4-S1; 3rd Steroid injection still no real relief; mobic daily.

Does anyone have their leg pains ease with walking? Unfortunatly, I didn't stop the Neuro. when he said it was normal to get relief from walking but in reading about stenosis it doesn't seem "normal" at all in fact walking is suppose to make it worse (Ortho. was confused when I said that walking helped but offered no insights). Anyone have the same relief and what did you finally do to treat the leg pain?

• Stenosis i guess could either be worse siting sometimes or sometimes standing. All depends. When you walking the muscles contract and might posibly give releif or sometimes puts more pressure on it. It could go either way i guess. I sometimes get releif while walking unless nerve flares up and each movement agrivates it. If it was me and they could free up the nerve with lami. Then i would avoid fusion.
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Alex,

Thanks for the thoughts...trying to figure this out is damn near impossible. While it all seems to be a crap shoot looking at your history is why I'm trying deperatly to do the most conservative surg. I possibly can and still get relief. I hope like hell you're able to find relief :).

• Well that why i recomend lami before fusion. Lami is not as invasive as fusion. But if both dr,s are not in agreement you might want to get a 3 rd opinion hopefuly where they can direct you away from surgery all together hopefuly if posible.

And yes i am a poster child of failed back surgery so i would not wish this on anyone. Ok maybe just 1 person. Lol
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Thanks again...3rd opinion is a def. - wouldn't it be nice if you could cause the Docs. to experience our pain for a day b/f they casually toss out their solution! Hope I didn't offend and I'm glad you're here to educate.