Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

On the other side

ouch2oouch2 Posts: 1,270
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Not sure I like this side much better yet. I was scheduled to have an L5/S1 micro d on Tuesday. I ended up having an L4/L5 L5/S1 discectomy/decompression.

Am at home now. I am having less pain in my leg (numbness still there though) but besides incission pain still have pain in buttocks. Way to early to tell but am keeping fingers crossed. Right now, not feeling any less pain than pre surgery except for lower leg. I didn't get that immediate feeling some people get right away when you can tell it was successful.

Well over one hurdle, on to the recovery hurdles.

Hope everyone has a great day!

>:D< Karen
>:D< >:-D< : Karen
L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
adr L5-S1 Feb 2012

• It's good that it's over and you're home. I guess they found more than expected? At least you have somewhat less pain. Take it easy.

From the other Karen
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Good to hear you're having less pain in your leg and you made it through the surgery alright. Follow Drs. orders and no BLT. I hope this is all the surgery you need for now and wish you success for your recovery. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • You'll start feeling better, it just takes some time. Also, the numbness may still be there for a bit--the nerves will slowly regenerate.

Glad you're on the other side now! ;-)

• And good luck in your recovery.

I hope you soon notice a decrease in your pain and success from your surgery. I am in the recovery phase too and I know there are good days and bad days.

take care,