Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Not sure where to post this...

SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
..and still figuring out how to add posts.
I just wrote stuff and then I don't know what happened.. so I apologize if this is already out there and I messed up. :)

Recently my mid back pain has been more intense and constant. Last three days my right arm and leg have been feeling so heavy..like I'm dragging another person around. I think this more related to my spine messed up..more than to recent stroke 1/2011.
Anyone else experience like that?

Also, my head has been feeling awake..alert..but my whole body is feeling drained..so exhausted. When walking I am thinking about destination and being able to lay down.
Thanks for any input!
Spine-Health Moderator
Please read my medical history at: Medical History

• I think you need to call your Dr. or Neurologist right away especially with your history of stroke.

But I too have cervical c6-c7 issues with a numb arm and the same L5-S1 with leg numbness and feel like I have to drag these around with me all day. If you're not getting Physiotherapy I think they may benefit you but first get some blood-work done for your fatigue and let your Dr. know how you're feeling.

Are you taking any nerve pain meds like Lyrica or Cymbalta. I find Cymbalta works well for the leg numbness but Lyrica works good for my neck and arm pain.

With all of your medical conditions please stay in contact with your Dr. or Nurse Practioner with your symptoms. We're here for you. Praying you're feeling better at this time. Hugs. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • SavageSavage United StatesPosts: 5,476
    Just saw doctors this week.
    My pain doc, who is also neurologist, said ..well.. not too much about my above stated symptoms.

Previously..when I expressed concern about my sometimes involuntary jerky movements..he said it's related to my OCD. OCD has never been mentioned to me before. And now when I explained above to him..he again said it is related to OCD and my depression and anxiety.

Next day I saw my psychiatrist & told him symptoms and pm doc response...so I could find out what I should do to feel better.
    He told me I do not have OCD and another doc just saying that w/o any testing or previous diagnosis wasn't right.
    Shrink said that my symptoms seem more neurological .. but he wouldn't say because he's not an expert in that field.

It's more than a little frustrating to not have a doctor in my corner...someone who can see the big picture and understand and or try to help me. Even my primary does not want to know anything going on with other doctors.

It's very difficult to try to communicate and not bother docs feelings..or egos..or whatever.
    Seems best advice I get is from here or friends common sense and guessing.
    Health care getting difficult for everyone on both sides of the fence I guess.

Lyrica..I tried..but am allergic.
    I do take neurotin. I think my body would be worse w/o it.

And yesterday was a day with yet again new and worse pain, N & V than ever. My left ribcage area and midback...I couldn't even move for hours. And that is with me taking my pain and antiemetic meds.
    It would have been an ER visit w/o my pm doc scripts to me...so I am grateful for that.

Sorry for the long post. I appreciated being able to get it off my chest.
    Spine-Health Moderator
    Please read my medical history at: Medical History