Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Anybody else? Wierd Joint/muscle pain

AnonymousUserAAnonymousUser Posts: 49,671
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Chronic Pain
I am used to nerve pain and arthritis in the ole' joints, but this new gig is killer. In the mornings, everything is so stiff, every joint, especially my ankles and feet. I can feel every bone in them, my elbows, fingers, after the pain meds kick in - it goes away for the most part but I can still feel the swelling and annoyance. This is something new that comes when it rains or weather is changing. Seems it just gets bigger and better doesn't it?

• Sorry to hear about the morning stiffness and pain. Have you seen a Rheumatoid Dr. yet? I know this weather can bring out flare ups also. I hope it's short lasing for you. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Every morning I feel just as you described. I actually am the lucky one. My husband gets up first and makes me breakfast in bed so I can take my meds, then he allows me to stay there until they kick in. I feel so lazy but it's the only way I can move without screaming in pain. The rainy and cold makes it alot worse for me. Hubby asks me every morning what's the weather for today lol. I swear I am so lucky to have him but unlucky to have this pain.
  • I need me one of those! Breakfast in bed and someone to roll out at 530 in the morn and go to work for me would be awesome! Today was awful, it is black, thundering, raining, windy. I am so sick of Utah weather!
    I would like to be able to actually use my pool this summer sometime. I've been in it twice which was nice but getting out and facing a cool wind is no good...
  • Hi Mouse,
    If your morning pain and stiffness are from arthritis have you tried Glucosomine and Chrondoiton? My sister suffers from rhumatoid arthritis and gets some relief from this over the counter supplement. She said it took about a month before she felt the benefits.

My low back and nerve damaged leg are always bad with the weather changes especially the cold or high humidity. I usually gimp downstairs and take my morning pills and patiently wait for them to provide a little relief. Glusosomine and Chrondoiton did nothing for me but I don't have severe arthritis.
    Hope this helps.
  • But thank you for the info. I'm going to see my doc today and I guess I'm gonna have to break down and try one of the stronger time release drugs she wants me to try. been avoiding that because these don't mess up my head, just get rid of pain and I'm scared to death that I'm gonna be a dope or worse.
This discussion has been closed.