Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Buzzing when bending back/neck occasionally - sciatica? sound familiar?

jt_maronjjt_maron Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:54 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
Hey guys,

I'm 27, and have been battling really bad posture all of my life, and have had a few bouts of sciatica. I've noticed occasionally I will get a very subtle buzzing sensation on one part of my body, usually thighs, if I bend over or bend my neck.

Usually it's after sitting at a computer for a long time, and it goes away if I stretch my neck/back out. I've also noticed it if I've been overcompensating for my posture, there's occasionally a faint buzzing as well as pain in my neck and back from the muscles being contracted.

Does this sound remotely familiar to anyone? I would really appreciate some advice.

Thanks for your time,
JT
advertisement

Comments

• JT,

Sounds like you might need some physical therapy to strengthen your core body muscles. But of course a doctor would need to examine you and make that course of treatment. Typically the doctors first response and protocol through insurance companies is to do physical therapy and see how well a patient responds to that treatment. Many get lucky and that is all that is needed. Others not so lucky and some x-rays then possible a MRI and so goes the line of treatments. I would start with your primary care doctor see what he/she has to say. They may refer you to a nuerologist for a full examination to check reflexes, strength, balance and feeling in all your limbs. It seems that each of us feel things a little different and many of us can't really remember what started it all, or we got here through a trauma injury.

Just thought I would stop by welcome you to spine-health. Have a look at some of the articles and the anatomy of the spine. You might also find looking a dermatone map helpful. Good luck and keep us posted.