Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Help i'm new.

grifka43ggrifka43 Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I had lower back surgery on 6-9-11. I sleep all the time now. at first i couldn't sleep at all i was awake at 1:30 everynight. i had a ruptured disk. i was having pain in my left leg b4 surgery now i am having pain in my right hip that sometimes goes down my leg. Is this normal? it just started a couple of weeks ago. i am also very bored and started chain smoking. i know it is horrible for the haling process but can't quit. i dont know what to do.

• Welcome to spine-health!Sorry that you are having pain after your surgery.
    Did you have a discectomy or fusion? What level did you have it on? How were you feeling for the first two weeks after surgery since you started having these new pains in your right hip and leg and did the old pain on left leave right after surgery?

Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get to know you better. I just had a discectomy/decompression 9 days ago.Still having lots of pain.

As for the smoking, don't worry,keep trying , you will get there.

Wishing you all the best!Look forward to hearing more from you.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • First let me say welcome to spine-health. It is possible sometimes when they are in there they piss off the other nerves trying to get all of the disc out. So be patient and hopefully that will settle down for you.

AS far as the smoking if you had a fusion please do everything you can do to stop. You don't want to jeopardize your fusion and go through this all again. When you feel the urge to smoke go take a walk. Walking is key to your success and recovery to keep the core muscles up to strength. If you really bored try the chat out here, there are usually members in there all times of the day, that will laugh, give you information or whatever is the topic.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health.
  • it was L 4-5. i had a bad ruptured disk. he said he put something in there but didn't go into alot of details so not quite sure what all i had done. the 1st 2 weeks i felt so much better but tired like i am now. the left side pain is gone. i'm going to call the doc and will let you know more. thanks:! :D
  • thank you so much for welcoming me. why am i still so tired it's been almost 6 weeks:( depressed too. I) :''(
  • Welcome to th eforums. Has you pain started to calm down yet?