Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Right Leg Numbness and Pain after Spinal

James123JJames123 Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Recovering from Surgery
I received a Spinal on 6/23/11 and now have the top of my right leg numb from about 4 inches above the knee up to junction of groin and about 7 inches across in the middle.

It hurts, sometimes electrical like jabs, is not getting better and Dr who gave Spinal said that it is due to side effect of the Spinal. I have been told to go to a neurologist but am getting the feeling that I am going to be like this for rest of my life

How can I get the feeling back and get rid of the pain

Vicodin helps but not much

TENS helped for a few days and then made it worse

Excerise does not help or hurt -- sitting is the worse - walking is not a problem.

Comments?? Please

• How do you find instructions on how to your the system for Chat and responding to messages?

Do I need to pay someone a fee?

Why gets back to me?

What do I do?

I told the Anesthesia guy to do what he felt best and that was a mistake so what do I do to get the feeling back and get rid of the mess on the right leg top thigh

Will Neurontin help numbness?

Has anyone had experience with a TENS unit and Numbness?

• I am having pain down my left leg and am scared as hell. 10 days post op. Have you found any relief yet?
  • I have not done this before so not sure if doing it right -- that pain down your left leg is what I had for many years like 50 years ago - Sciatic nerve pain and is bad - i put a lift on one shoe which helped a lot and as the years went by did way with it and do not have any pain at all in that area or on that side.

My pain was caused by a Spinal anesthesia and somehow he did something wrong and now I have missery in that damm leg - top of thigh - pills do not make it go away but if you take enough vicodin it does help.

• A good blog always comes-up with new and exciting information and while reading I have feel that this blog is really have all those quality that qualify a blog to be a good one
    646-578| 642-874| 650-393| 70-573|