Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hi,Im a new member with severe bac pain, waitin on anothr surgery to repair anothr collpsted disc.

chezzy48cchezzy48 Posts: 9
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in New Member Introductions
I am a 48yr old woman who has had chronic back pain since 1999 due to scar tissue..In 2005 I was in a car accident.Whiplash--fusion at C4-5,5-6&6-7 w/rod&12 screws in my neck..My L5-S1 herniated(that's what i thought)In May 2010,aftr5yrs living with sciatica,nerve damage/pain,extreme agony&tons of meds that have caused numerous health problems,I had surgery(L5-S1,L3-4,L4-5)Up the middle of my back down to tip of my rear end.Rod w/pedicle screws,&pins holding the discs..I was in agony aftr that surgery.Did not help my pain..Pain will ALWAYS be there.It will NEVER go away.Then in Nov2010,I was back in surgery because the screws were broken off the rod,& I had a pinched nerve which had caused nerve damage in my left foot&toes(which i complained about since I had gotten out of recovery,EVERY DAY for 5&1/2 mnths, til they FINALLY found out why my toes&foot were in sooo much pain...Ok, i thought,evrything was fixed...The pain is still present.It is chronic,so it will never go away..I cannot work evr again..I am on SSD.I am limited on EVERYTHING I do..Medications everyday for the rest of my life...I am only 48,but it feels like my body is of an 80yr old... Now, I am told I have to have yet another surgery because my L2-3 collapsed & is resting on my nerves where I just had all the others fixed..Now pretty much my whole back will b of rods&screws&pins....I wil b having it in Sept.my body hasnt healed from the other 2 yet..but here we go again..Hopefully, I wont end up in a wheelchair after all this damage.its hard to function now..
but i will keep going.i always try to have a positive attitude...IT IS WHAT IT IS,I SAY.. just keep on going,thru the pain& evrything..some days it keeps ya down,thats ok, but dont let it take u over......keep positive..

• I am sorry!!!! I feel like an old lady oftentimes as well... and I am 24. I hate it!! I would love to get my bike out of the basement and go on a long bike ride... Not gonna happen!
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • I am so sorry! My 2 spinal fusions sound like a walk in the park---what are they going to do?

• welcome to the forum of pain, just kidding. I hope all goes well with you.
  • Wanted to give you a warm welcome! You have been through so much. We are glad you are here. This forum is full of caring people who understand spinal pain and "get it"

Wishing you all the best with your upcoming surgery, please keep coming back and let us know how you are doing?

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • TOO FUNNY!!! The Forum of Pain....That is awesome tho that there is somewhere we go can to talk about what w r going thru..Some ppl dont want to hear it...Here,I can vent or listen to some1 elses' pains........No reason to b sorry for me :) ..I rarely feel sorry for myself..lately, yes, because of another surgery..But, there r alot of ppl worse off than me..I take 1 day at a time....I think positive,& I am a happy person..That is not gonna get taken away from me!!!!! ;) ;)
  • By the time I am done with this next surgery...I'm gonna feel like the BIONIC WOMAN!!!!! :))( :))( :))(

• You have a great positive attitude :D
    That will go a long way to helping you through all of this, and through your surgery.

We will cheer you on through your recovery
    :H =D> >:D<
  • Thankyou much......U all r awesome....Good luck too!!!
  • hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. sorry to read you may be facing another surgery in the future.. perhaps that will be the answer to the pain problem!! we can always hope! you have come to a great place to make new friends.. spineys are a very friendly bunch. be sure and stop by during your recovery.. the forum can make a long day go by alot faster!! good luck to you! Jenny :)
  • Welcome to spine health, where we all understand and try to help with what we can...After my most recent anterior and posterior fusion, C5-C7, my new name is Robo Fran( given by friends) .... My surgeries never seem to end so I know how you feel...am 11 wks post-op from fusion, and now found out I have another abdominal hernia that will be needing mesh... again...between a bad back and bad neck, I don't lift anything, so I can't figure out why I keep herniating..they might as well put in a zipper!!!
    Keep your chin up, and hang in there!

• I love your idea of a zipper Frannie.
    I have read of someone who had their scar tattoed like a zipper.
  • Wow! A zipper tattoo - cool idea, but which scar would I start with?! Neck? Spine? Shoulders? Wrist? Stomach?
    Decisions, decisions....LOL!
  • that your longest scar should be the zipper.
    Then you could have buttons, poppers and staples!!

Do show us a photo once they are all done!! :))(

• Best of luck with your upcoming surgery. I admire your positive attitude, and I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. :)