Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

I am losing my mind with this thoracic pain...

newherennewhere Posts: 61
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:54 AM in Upper Back Pain, Thoracic
I am losing my mind with this thoracic pain...
Lately pain is so strong that i want get it over with realy...
Its dull ache between shoulder blader,especialy left side and now it goes trouht my neck and even to ear/eye...
i realy dont know what to do anymore...
someone have on one side of shoulder blades(mine is left) streching feeling...like my somethin inside just want pull apart?...its terrible...

• Have you been diagnosed with thoracic problems?
    If so, which level?

Sometimes it is hard to tell if the problems are from the thoracic or cervical levels.

I have been having pain on the left of my shoulder blade with pain if I take a deep breath. I thought it was being caused by my neck problems.

I hope that your pain will ease very soon.

• I had that too........... It was caused by a herniated c4-5 disc.
    I know exactly what you are talking about the left shoulder spasm.
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • I'm sorry you are struggling so much with this pain. Have you had any type of diagnostic testing done to make sure that it truly is thoracic in nature? If the pain is traveling to your neck/ear, it may very well be cervical? If you haven't done so already, I'd recommend getting an MRI done to get a look at what's going on. Also, others have suggested to me to look at those dermatome maps, to get an idea of where your pain might be originating from.

I can definitely relate to your frustration. I just underwent thoracic disc surgery 11 days ago. I'm still dealing with quite a bit of incisional pain, so it's honestly hard for me to say that the surgery has been a success. I'm still having a lot of soreness around my ribs, but I'm thinking it's more muscular than anything else.

My best advice to you is not to stop until you have answers. Be persistant and keep on top of your doctor. If you don't like the answers they give you, get a second opinion. I ended up traveling an hour and a half away from home to have my surgery, because I felt more comfortable with the second surgeon. I hope, in the coming months, to be able to say that I'm happy with the results. For now, keep your chin up and know that you are NOT alone!
  • i had cervical mri and everything normal.
    only small t6 t7 herniation,but they just keep saying...its not from the disc...so from where pain cames?...maybe from my foot toes...lol...
    kim you didnt post nothing abouth your surgery...???