Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Leg pain worse

ajr3az76aajr3az76 Posts: 45
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:54 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
So I posted in the recovering section as well but figured I would post here as well. I am having severe pain in my lower back all the way down into left calf. At first I thought it was from sleeping on my side now I also remember I sat for about an hour and a half yesterday early evening before the pain started. I also felt my back crack/ adjust just once when getting up out of bed.

So here is my question did I really screw up? I meant I have tried to take it easy so I am getting very disheartened that I could have wrecked what my doctor did in surgery. I hope I am just paranoid because I have no idea how just sitting or sleeping on my side ( with pillows for support) could have done this.

Anyway I hope that this is just part of the healing process from major surgery. ALIF L5-S1 and prodisc between L4 & L5

Thanks
Alvin
advertisement

Comments

• Are you log rolling out of bed? It is very important that you do so. Also, sitting can cause probably the most severe load on your back, and even if you have not done anything else, the sitting can cause the pain to worsen. Sit at shorter intervals for now, and use the motto...if it hurts, don't do it.

SG
  • Yep still log rolling out of bed. Once or twice I sat up without even realizing it. I may or may not have log rolled I can't remember. I keep trying to remind myself of all the precautionary movements and to be careful at all times. Iu believe I am doing a great job at not doing anything stupid.
  • Hi Alvin,

Hopefully it's just a minor "hiccup". As long as you're log-rolling and not overdoing, hopefully it's nothing. I was paranoid, too, after last lumbar fusion.

Keep us posted!

Charlie
  • So my doc is out of town. His PA is calling in a script for neurontin. She feels I am having nerve pain possibly due to inflammation. So I am gonna try the neurontin plus ice pack. Wish me luck
  • Hopefully the neurontin will help you. I too still have leg/butt/lower back pain. The nerves are probably angry at being messed around with during surgery. This can take some time to settle down.

Did the doctor prescribe any more vicodin or percocet for you?

Hope that the neurontin helps

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • My percocet will be refilled tomorrow when my doc is back in town. So today I am gonna stay on the vicodin
  • i feel you on the leg pain it is the worst I had level fusion L3-S1 on Aug 1st doctor gave me a new prescription for Neurontin for nerve pain and it has helped a lot now i can sleep more than 3 hours at night now.
advertisement