Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

bodybuildermikebbodybuildermike Posts: 8
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in New Member Introductions
HI EVRYONE OUT THERE MY NAME IS MIKE AND IM 30 YEARS OLD WHO HAD A BAD BODYBUILDING-POWERLIFTING ACCIDENT THAT HAPPEND 3 YEARS AGO A NASTY HERNIATED DISC WITH SEVERE NERVE ROOT PROBLEMS(SCAITIC) L-5 S-1-HERNAITED DISC-LUMBOSACRAL RADICULOPATHY 2 MRI's(looks like a granade went off)very very very painful was paralize (both legs) for 3 days following the accident,1 week stay in the hospital.i was pain free for approx. 2 years untill it cuaght up with me and my life is currenty occupied by so much pain i can bearly walk and pick up my duaghter who just turned 2 yesterday!legs are on helish fire from buttox to toes and extreme numbness in both front thighs to where i can bearly drive!i have pain managment program with kiaser witch i love they helped when others turned threre backs on me.i currenty take:
oxycotin cr #100 10mg 1 every 12hrs 85% pain relief
oxycodone ir #100 10mg 1-2 every 4-6hrs 1oo% pain relief
hydrocodone ir #100 10-325mg 2 every 4hrs 100% pain relief

i am looking forward to helping others and being helped at the same time have a painfree day all! -mike ;))

• hi and welcome to the forum! :H we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i am sorry you are currently suffering so much.. atleast you are getting some relief from your medications.. it must be very difficult to have a two year old you can't pick up!! i know you are able to show her love in other ways and she does not know the difference.. i hope your pain management program offers you some relief..i am glad you have a medical program on your side!! stop by the forum anytime!! spineys are a very friendly group! good luck! Jenny :)
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,846
    that started having spinal problems due to weight lifting and other sports related activities.

Based on your MRI results, what is the recommendations from your doctor?

Your medication mix seems a bit strange to me. I can understand the Oxycontin (ER) for the long term relief and the Oxycodone (IR) for immediate relief, but why the Hydrocodone? (Vicodin,Lorecet,Lortab,Norco,etc) especially with the extra Acetaminophen.

Is that what your doctor prescribed?
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • sorry i didntt see my last one my duaghter was climbing all over me lol!i just changed back to oxycodone from norco cuz my liver values are trashed mostly from anabolic steroids.so my doc put a block on thoses meds.since my injurys are seroiuly close to paralizing me they are doing more resaerch on what to do,im getting a epidurail aust.17th and im scared to get it.im not too sure want he will want to do?im seeing him in a week,and gonna see what he says.i have a very detailed pain journal hope that helps.
    yea i bet! i squated 525lbs for 12 resp i did high rep high valum training,never the single rep macho man bs!its my fualt have to dig my self out of this scary hole!