Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Hello, 13 days post-op!!

KimD592KKimD592 Posts: 435
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Wow, every day TRULY is getting easier and easier. I'm officially 13 days post-op, and the pain is getting so much more manageable. At one point today, my pain level was a TWO!! I was even able to give my girls a bath tonight! My husband got them in and out of the tub for me and got them dressed, but I was able to kneel on the floor next to the tub and get them washed by myself. It's amazing how even just 4 days ago, I had a completely different outlook on things. More and more I'm thinking the decision to have the surgery was a good one, and I'm so excited that it seems to have been successful. Today I was home alone with the kids, which I was definitely nervous about. But all went well and I was able to avoid lifting the girls, except for one time when I picked my 1-year old up. However, she is about 19-lbs, and it didn't bother my back at all. My 10-year old son was a HUGE help to me throughout the day.

So, all in all, things are going very well. I'm counting down the days until I can start my new job. I'm actually going to call them tomorrow and see if there is any way they'll allow me to start sooner than August 8th. Financially, we really need the money coming in, and I feel ready to get back to work.

• Good Morning Kim,

Very cool......just about 2 weeks on the other side! Glad to see you're going back to work soon. Remember to not take too many bigger steps too quickly, though as you're still healing. This from my own previous experience---I found it really easy to jump with both feet because I felt so good, only to over-do. Just remember to be careful! :-)

Enjoy your day ;-)
    Keep feeling better

• Yeah, I'm definitely trying to be cautious of that. I woke up with some increased pain this morning, but I've mainly been able to get away with only taking the Motrin. Last night I took an Oxycodone and muscle relaxant before bed, but it completely zonked me. I probably didn't need it, really, but I knew it had been a busy day and I didn't want to wait for the pain to get bad. So I woke up this morning and took my Motrin, and I'm ready to face the day today. I go for my 2-week check-up yesterday and am excited to report my progress to the NP. I'll be seeing the doctor himself in 2 more weeks after that. It just feels good, for now, to be able to say I survived major spine surgery and so far everything is going pretty well. As for my new job, it's a desk job so there really is no overdoing it in that respect. Actually, I'd probably be doing less at work than I am at home, lol. With a 10-year old, a 2-year old, and a 1-year old, it's hard not to overdo it most days.
  • Hi Charlie!
    I am 3 weeks post op from Posterior Laminectomy C3-C7! My previous surgey was an ACDF in '06!
    I am on the road to recovery but that first week was hell! Lots of pain in both neck and hip but that has subsided and I am able to walk on my own without walker or cane!
    I hope your surgery is a success!
  • I'm thrilled that you're doing well! Keep it up and take it easy! :-)