Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Dr appointment a bust!

alexhurtingaalexhurting Posts: 1,991
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Chronic Pain
After trying to make an appointment with a great dr i met at the Mayo clinic years ago they changed my appointment to see another neuro because the dr i wanted to see no longer treats spine just parkinson. I was very specific in telling them its for failed back surgery and as long as its a neuro that deals in these issues i guess its fine so i can get an opinion by a good neuro other then an ortho i already have.

Well to my suprise i kept my appointment with this female neuro who is at least a good hour drive from us and after just a few minutes of talking to her became aware she does not deal in spine issues at all as we went over my medical history. You know you are screwed when you are the one giving a seminar on failed back surgery and the use of adr and fusion.

I could of just as easy seen a neuro surgen close by instead of driving up north to have this litle talk of my spinal pain. I should of never let them set me up with who there office felt would be the person i need to see after finding out who i wanted to see does no longer treat spine patients. This i guess was my own stupidity. Unless she does what she promised and talks this over with another dr who she claims knows more about these issues of the nerves and nerve issues after back surgery and will call me after she talkes to him.

This is about what i expected from the start because its that other dr is who i should of been seeing when this appointment was made. So right now i am rolling the dice to see if i crap out or it comes up a lucky 7 .

But right now i guess i am paying for an appointment where i was the one giving the seminar over spinal surgery and outcomes and complications to further someone elses career while they learn from my pain and suffering.

Once you become a long time spine patient years just pass and you see new young kids coming out of school becoming dr,s and you can actualy watch them growing in to dr,s while practising medicine on you. Next thing you know they moved on to other things treating other conditions or practising to treat other conditions while there kids are already coming out of med school once again you find yourself at there mercy practising medicine on you.

This is how the world turns and how we become a profit to the medical world as if this was our destiny for them to use us as a learning tool as our life just hangs in limbo in there hands.

So be kind to your paperboy or neighbors kids for they may be your next generation of surgens you will be visiting at your next Dr appointment. Unless you want to be that guy who callled the cops on that kid for being too loud at the party next door who is now a neuro surgen and now you need a triple bipass. Good luck with that 1 lol
Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
2012 scs implant ,

• MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,385
    If she doesn't follow through with you and consult with her fellow wizards .... send her a bill for your consult and education time. I could find you a spiffy CPT (Procedure Code) to put on your bill that would send her head spinning !!

At very least I would write a letter to the "Practice Manager" or senior physician and tell them a thing or two about how to triage a patient over the phone, to ensure that the providers they have can actually address the problems that the patient is seeking help for.

I stand by in disbelief as the profession I worked within for 30+ years turns into a three ring circus!

I am sorry that you have to go through this exercise in futility.

Spine-Health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!  (Click on Welcome to Spine-Health)

• This was up in Glenview hospital. You know thats way up there. 294 and willow rd exit. Lucky cousin lives up there so at least stoped back in to see her again for lunch and cofee. Man. Trafic was bad on the way home took forever to get home gething near ohare airport. Stop and go all the way irving park rd . Then again i55 was backed up. I hate driving up north. How you been doing dude?
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I feel that in a lot of cases these Drs actually do treat your issues, but after having a look at your chart, it is easier for them to say that they do not rather than the alternative, which would be honesty. You don't really believe that they had you come up there under the 'pretense' of treating your issue do you? It makes more sense to me that this is what happened, and it is very common.
  • ThAt would be awesome. I like that idea . At least maybe it would get you a discount.
  • I can understand your frustration. It makes NO sense to me why such a renowned clinic like Mayo basicly wasted your time and gasoline.

Just makes me shake my head....hope you're doing well, Alex!

• I did not go to mayo this appointment. The dr i seen at mayo years ago is now with a chicago hospital. Thats the only reason i thought it would be a good idea to go see him. But they set me up with another neuro cause he dont see spine patient anymore here in chicago just parkinson. Thats how this came about them seting me up with this female neuro. And when appointment was made i made it clear it has to be someone that deals also with spinal nerves after surgery.
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Oops, sorry about that!

I did clean my glasses, so I'm good to go now!

• You geting old. We might have to put you down git-ir-done.
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I believe they made a mistake is all. Not all neuro treat condition of the spine. Some treat brain and ms and such parkinson and muscle dissorders. So its a true fact not all deal in spine. They should of known beter is all when i was specific of my condition. I think she deals in autoamune dissorders,
    2012 scs implant ,
This discussion has been closed.