Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need a new treatment for back pain

rosie1292rrosie1292 Posts: 5
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Alternative Treatments
I was diagnosed with scoliosis when I was in high school, and by that point I was done growing and there wasn't anything that could be done about my curve. I have a 37 degree curve in the thoracic area, and it doesn't require surgery.

However, I am constantly in pain. I always feel stiff, out of alignment, and just off. I can't explain it, but I can absolutely FEEL my curve and I feel like I am off center. My neck always hurts, I get back pain when I stand for too long (15 mins or longer) and I just don't know what to do.

I've tried physical therapy briefly and it hasn't really helped. I also saw a chiropractor for a few months, and It made me feel worse, and I think that caused permanent damage.

I really don't know what to do. I'm only 18, but I feel like I'm 80. I imagine it will only feel worse as I get older. I'll take any advice or suggestions you can offer.

Thank you so much for reading this,