Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

My House

MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Depression and Coping
My Sunday morning confession,

Spine-health Moderator
Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• awww Dave, I don't know what else to say, except I'm thinkin' of ya! Don't overdo it with the hose and over-extend yourself, take lots of rest breaks and sock the heat or ice, or whatever helps you feel better to your neck and back. Take care of you, if you don't, you won't be able to take care of your house. Hope the clean up goes quickly with the least amount of problems to your body!
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own
  • DAVE! That's horrible :( I hope you can move out of there soon. Sorry about all the added work, just try to take it slow.
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg
  • Refinancing for many created nothing but a money pit trying to hang on while banks get bailed out and they geting paid from both end. While they already sold the note and past it on to another company sold off at the stock market it became like the pyramid game.

Some states now have a group who work with owners and they work with the banks to sell the house back to them at lower payments you would pay for rent because as crazy as it sounds bank dont know what to do with these homes with all the foreclosures after everything that just hapened with the house market.

I am not sure if this can be done in illinois or not but thats the only way i would have negotiated anything to keep the house as you say. Otherwise i would of just walked away from the home as many people have instead of dumping more money in to something that cant be saved and bank will foreclose on it anyways. When the refinancing took place of paying double mortgage was a red flag probably to walk away.

But now after damage is already done i hope you looked in to all your options with gov. Programs to posibly keep the home with lower payments then you would pay for rent anywhere you go because banks will now do anything just about just to get some sort of payments on the property instead just having it sit on there books of another foreclosure home that cant be sold today.

I know it must be hard after many years of living there to just walk away. But either way even your ssdi is considered an income and would be nice if there was a way for you to work it out with the bank. Good luck either way and dont let the stress of it take over cause that wont help but dont let the bank take advantage of you either just because you became dissabled.

Its just harder to fight for our right when we live in pain but that dont mean we wont fight. Good luck dude. And dont be afraid to turn to any agency now that you are dissabled who help fight for the dissabled and low income with no fee. Not sure this will help or not but i figured i toss it out there.
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Hi Dave,
    I can only imagine how you must have felt when you saw the water. I hope that you didn't lose anything in the basement.
    Please do take the best care of yourself you can while handling this. And I hope you will soon find yourself in a sweet spot, with a place that isn't giving you grief.
    take care,
  • Ps. My cousin lives up in Northbrook she also flooded as all of you got it real bad again up there. Did you try fly fishing in the basement? See if you can catch something big and just pull him in to the bath tub. Good luck
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • I hope something good comes your way soon. You have really toughed it out as well as anyone could. I was successful getting approved for SS Disability my 2nd time through (I also went back to work for a while, but my body gave out eventually).
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Many, many moons ago I lived up north, and my basement flooded like 3 times in 4 years - what a bigtime drag! Sorry you're going through this - like you need more crap right?

Similar to what Alex said, in Florida they are "working" more with folks bumping foreclosure as it becomes a 'win-win' with this economy that the owners stay put with a lower modified mortgage than them either walking away, or the bank kicking them out. There are tons of houses down here just "sitting" and going to crap. It's sad really.

I hope you don't have to walk away my friend. Big support *HUGZ* to ya!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • MetalneckMetalneck Island of Misfit toysPosts: 1,364
    Well the day finally came and went.

Saw my doctor today ..... Gonna get another MRI of my back as it has gotten progressively worse over the past couple of weeks.

We kicked me off of the Durgesic patches and percocet, and I went on oral Demoral for about two weeks --- then cold turkeyed all opiate pain meds for about a week. Now I'm trying to keep it at Norco only. ---- Has anyone had experience with Nucynta??
    It maybe an additional option.

My life is stranger than fiction!

Reduced pain and solid fusions to all !!!!!

Spine-health Moderator
    Welcome to Spine-Health  Please read the linked guidelines!!

• I hope it helps you Dave. I am so sorry to hear that things have continued to get worse. I do understand but wish you better days soon.
    take care
  • I have no experience with Nucynta but I will be going on the Fentanyl patch next month. Why the change in meds? Of course you're going to have more back pain with changing and stopping all the pain meds. I hope the MRI will give some new answers. One day at a time. Hugs. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • Dave,

I have been taking Nucynta for about 6 months. It has helped some to tone down the nerve pain down my leg. I try to remember to take it before I am going to try something active so it can kick in before the pain ramps up farther. It can make me tired/sleepy so I have to watch that.

Sorry I wasn't able to respond sooner. I hope you get relief soon.

4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.