Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Back Pain

keithmurray.kkeithmurray. Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Degenerative Disc Disease
Hi I am new to this fourm,and this year I was diaignosed with DDD and just 2 weeks ago received my first pain management injection and it seems there is no releive from my pain. I am a bus driver for the last seven years and find it quite diffitcult to do my job, and find that this work does my back no favours. My MRI showed that i had multi-level disc disease. The question I am asking will this get worse short term or long term, I am only 40.

• my dr's said it will only get worse over time but surgeries will help delay the process. Good luck on your outcome. Welcome to the forum.
  • Welcome to the site. There is a lot of good information, articles and people's experiences available. Each person's experience is individual. Peoples discs degenerate as they get older. Not all issues are surgical. If the first shot didn't help, do a follow up with pain management and see if you should have another or what other options there are. I hope you are able to find some relief.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Welcome to the group! Everyone seems to have different experiences with injections. Some have great relief for months, others it takes a few to see results, and unfortunately others don't get any relief. I agree with Karen, talk to your doctor to see what they think and what your next move is. There are other conservative measures out there that you could try. With DDD it is also very different for everyone. Some will have it but never have symptoms, others deteriorate quicker and have problems. Have you been to see a fellowship trained orthopedic or neurosurgeon for you back pain?
    Wishing you all the best and look forward to hearing more from you.

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • HI keith,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find many whom have DDD in one or multiple levels of the spine. After the age of 25 the spine begins to show wear as with any other joint in the body. Here is a link to a article you mind find useful. The one thing you should understand that it is not really a disease as is typically meant when the word is used. On the injections it is not uncommon for it to take more than one injection. Also some physical therapy may help to strengthen you core body muscles. If your not walking on a regular basis or doing any type exercise you might want to consider getting into a program.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health.