Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Sciatica & All Over Body Pain Fibro and Severe Deteration of lower lumber

skully313sskully313 Posts: 10
Hi my friends hope everyone is getting the right treatment and there pain is diminishing. My pain has been a little better with the cymbalta 30mg 1x, im down to taking 2 Ms Contin 3Mg, 3 Norco 10 mg, maxzide (for high blood pressure,) and clartin and nasonex for allergies, besides xxnax 10 mg 3x daily and birth control loestrin and stool softners 1x daily for help because my pain meds tend to clog me up. Im in my late 40's look much younger but there has been days since im going thru dtages of wild on and off periods had 2 this month and everytime my pain triples has any other woman close to age or any woman in pain have this same reaction. I can barely walk, im overly exhausted , can barely eat, get nausea and hot and cold flashes, etc etc. I go up and down the stairs and im not suppose to lift over 10 pounds but its not happening here my husband has bad knees he cant bend for years of doing granite work and roofing and gaining 120.00 pounds , now on the brighter side i lost 115 pounds and want to lose 15 more but im feeling the pain even more after losing the weight because maybe my weight was blocking me for doing things i can now do since the weight loss but when i do these things im laid up for a few days sometimes more. I have to get up out of bed and take my meds asap or tim plaining not able to get around. I have responsibilities and dont abuse my meds which is good, but there alot out there that do abuse them and end up in worst shape then they were uin the first place. I say follow the directions, any side effects, talk to your doctor. Though lately i have had this pi like feeling in my who left side exspecially my legs i was on nurotin and tried lyrica which i found better now my medical wont cover it if i can get free samples this might help that. They say i have a form maybe neropathy. Ok im going on and on, any feedback love to hear from you all sorry for not writing in alot lately but been sick with the flu and i have kids as well so i have responsibiulities ,sometimes i get over loaded and there is nothing that i can do about it ,if i cant make it to an appointment, ill call and be honest and let them know im disabled since for years ,most understand :)

• I'm glad you updated us. You certainly have a lot going on. It is really tough going through a lot of medical issues that overlap. Pain, medications, fibro, "the change" can all cause fatigue, and the spinal issues and fibro cause pain...what a vicious cycle.

Next week I go for my cervical surgery follow up and the surgeon is going to look at my low back MRI and leg EMG...I don't know if I'm looking forward to hearing about my lower back/leg issues or not!
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.