Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Cymbalta

davidmddavidm Posts: 32
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:55 AM in Pain Medications
Why do doctors think that cymbalta is a great pill. My dr when I see him ( lately I have seen his PA ) always tries pushing it on me, and another dr I see does the same thing. I have heard its supposed to help depression and nerve pain. When a family member tried getting it in the past our insurance wouldn't cover it so I haven't tried it. What else does it do?

What are your opinions and or reviews on Cymbalta?

What are the good to it? What are the bad to it? Side effects?

Thanks in advance.

advertisement

Comments

• It works on my leg sciatica better than Lyrica worked for me and it's now also accepted for chronic back pain as well as depression. I went off it for 2 weeks then leg pain came back and went back on it and feel better.
    It caused drowsiness as first for me but don't think it affects me now. Best wishes if you try it. You usually start at a lower dose and the Dr. increases it slowly. Charry
    DDD of lumbar spine with sciatica to left hip,leg and foot. L4-L5 posterior disc bulge with prominent facets, L5-S1 prominent facets with a posterior osteocartilaginous bar. Mild bilateral foraminal narrowing c-spine c4-c7 RN
  • This is my experience with Cymbalta..
    what i have to say about cymbalta isn't good. i'm currently tapering off a 60 mg dose ive been taking for 3 years now..while it does help with nerve and leg pain, it has side effects that in my opinion far out weigh the good aspects of cymbalta. i feel literally drugged while i've been taking it. like for example, it's left me to question the autheticity (sp?) of my real true emotions. as with all psychotropic medication, you are messing with your brain chemistry. i would do more research on the drug before starting it to solidify a concrete decision. In my opinion, i can not stand it and i can't wait to be off of it for good. it has worked for nerve pain, but i am not willing to trade my emotions being good or bad for the effects it produces. the bottom line between me and cymbalta is that it makes me feel emotionally flat-lined. while i don't feel sad i don't feel happy anymore either.
    i wish you the best...
    -Stanzie