Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Leg pain with Orgasm

luvyacalluvyaca Posts: 1
I have had intensifying back pain for 10 years. I have 2 disc bulges and an extra lumbar vertebra. Recently I've started having pins and needles in my legs and yesterday morning when I started having an orgasm the pain was so intense in both legs and feet that I almost wanted to call it off. As soon as I reached orgasm though all the pain went away. I haven't had a chance to even talk to anyone, except my partner, about this and thought I'd search online first.
I guess what I'm wondering is if something has shifted that's causing these sudden problems recently. Is there pressure where there shouldn't be?
Last night when I went to bed no matter what position I tried, the entire outer portion of my leg as well as the side of my foot went numb. I was definitely scared and was thinking I might be calling 911 in the morning. It did, finally, subside and there was only a little pain with orgasm this morning.
I go to my chiropractor on Wednesday morning again but I'm still getting worried!

• First let me say welcome to spine-health. I think you need to see a medical doctor first, before letting any chiropractor do manipulations on you. They need to do a clinical exam, and find out if they can recreate the numbness and pain. Also it wouldn't be a bad idea for you to a MRI if you haven't had one, but at the very least a new set of x-rays is needed. What type of doctor diagnosed your disc bulges, and what test did they perform to diagnose them.

I hope you get this resolved soon. let us know what you find out. Once again welcome to spine-health.
  • Luvyaca: If it's not too personal, what was your position while you were making love? Were you on your back or on top? The reason I ask is because my own situation has been progressing now for almost 15 years, and I have found that, since March, if I lie flat on my back or get on top that I also have excruciating pain in my legs and back, so much so that I will just curl up in a ball and cry. Like you, if I am able to have an orgasm, the pain subsides. I am not a medical doctor and have no experience diagnosing anybody, but from my own experience I have found that the orgasm instantly relaxes the muscles around my sciatic nerve and bulging disc, and, too, after orgasm I shift my position naturally.

I hope you will see your doctor about this before you have any treatments done. It could be something that a chiropractor could help with, but if it were my back, I think I would want an MD's opinion before doing something that could potentially worsen it.

My husband and I have since gone to side-by-side lovemaking, with me on my back but with my legs over his hips, giving me some cushion for my legs. This is, so far, working very well. Those of us with back problems usually have to find creative ways to do just about anything we used to do without thinking about it. :)

Good luck and take care!