Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

T minus 23 hrs and counting...

ktrombkktromb Posts: 18
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Tomorrow at this time, I should be out cold and having ACDF surgery. Gulp. I woke up in tears this morning and then took a deep breath and got started on those last few things before surgery: laundry, whining, pacing, groceries, etc.

I've been in pain since January and tried everything before agreeing to surgery. Now I'm both eager and dreading it. I've read a lot of helpful posts here, both about the practical stuff (what to have handy, etc) and the emotional (think about AFTER the surgery and the possibility of not being in pain constantly). I would so love to get back to gardening. Something about playing in dirt and watching stuff grow just makes me smile.

Wish me luck. I'll report in and let y'all know how it goes.

• but let your body recover when you come home dont be in a rush to get back to normal .you will need time to recover .good luck i will be thinking about you
    tony {uk}
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • HI,
    I have had that surgery twice, and you will be fine... The recovery takes a little while, but you will be back to gardening before you know it! I too, love to play in the dirt, though I've had to now move to more perrenials than annuals.. less watering...
    Get a few movies for those afternoons when you're bored but not able to do much...rest and relax...
    Don't worry, the weeds in the garden will wait for you!
    Hope everything turns out fine, and you will be pain free at last!!! Let us all know how things go!
  • I wish you the best of luck. It looks like you're having a 1 level? That would make it a shorter surgery and hopefully an easier recovery. Just keep taking deep breaths and know you're doing this because you feel this is the right thing. I hope you wake up pain free.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.

• It sounds like you are ready to feel better!

I wish you a successful surgery and will look forward to hearing from you once you are able to get back on here.

• Good luck tomorrow, looking forward to hearing back when you're able.....here's a to quick recovery!

• By now hopefully your sound asleep and getting some rest before surgery. You made it through the day done all your prep work and now tomorrow your surgeon will do his work. Once home the ball is back in your court to follow all the rules and rest and relax and let the healing begin. Hopefully your one of the many success stories and will be able to share that with others. But hopefully this will be of a distant past for you and your back out leading a very normal busy life.
  • Thinking of you! Update us when you can! Wishing success!!!