Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Chronic low back pain.

tcmoonettcmoone Posts: 3
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Chronic Pain
I have been struggling with severe chronic low back pain for 11 years now. I am now 49 I was diagnosed with severe artheritis, DDD and sevel bulging dic that never did go back to normal after rupturing. My primary is sympathetic but can only do so much, pain mgmt docs just want to do injections and that does not work in my situation it has been done by two different docs several times none of which really helped. Surgeons are stating that as long as I am functioning(working ) they will not operate, only problem is I end up missing between three days and ten days of work a week. This leaves me between a brick wall and a hard place. I am on the verge of just going off al meds and becoming unable to work which would ruin me financialy. You should not have to choose between getting healed and becoming a burden to society IE receiving disability. Some how it does not seem fair.
Tom mooney

• I understand the struggle of working and struggling with pain. It finally got to the point that I needed to go on long term disability. I was lucky that I had a decent long term disability plan. After constant pain for over 10 years, just this year I was considered "operable". I still struggle with trying to feel useful. I try to just do what I can. I hope you get some relief soon.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • I think you need to find a new PM who also uses meds as well as other treatments to help you get through your day. I would also consider finding a couple new NS/OS to get a second and third op. Different doctors have different ideas and may want to give you more tests to help evaluate your situation.

If you cant work due to pain then they need to re-evaluate your treatment.

Good luck,

• Pain relief is not impossible for you to achieve. In order to begin the recovery process, you need to try and determine what the underlying causes of your back pain are. It’s not easy once you are in the cycle of pain, but you can do this by evaluating your lifestyle, along with daily habits. Stress, along with things such as nutritional choices, and your daily activity or lack of play a huge role in chronic back pain. Once you’re able to identify what you feel is contributing, you can then determine what you should do in order to live a healthier lifestyle. Understanding back pain is one of the first steps to recovery. Please let me know if there is any way that I can help.
This discussion has been closed.