Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Where to put this???

Didn't know quite where to post this, but I have a question that someone may have the answer to! I had ligament reconstruction on my right wrist, last summer (2010). While trying to open a picle jar, 3 weeks after my ACDF, I tore the scapholunate and triquolunate ligaments. Had to wait for the MRI, due to new fusion, and could 't be near a magnetic field for another 3 weeks... Ended up with 7 pins in my lower hand to hold the bones in place, 5 cast changes in 7 weeks, and 2 of the pins came thru my skin... Ok, pins removed, and now 4 months of therapy for my right hand. It's functional, but I must wear a brace on that hand most of the time.. My ROM is less than half of what it was, but like I say, it's functional and I am very happy with the surgery, as my connective tissue is disintegrating and I understand that without perfect tissue, the outcome will be what it will be.
I've looked online everywhere, and can't find any wrist braces that aren't black or beige. I need one protective bar in it, and would like it to leave fingers open, yet have wrist supported for maybe 5-6". I am so tired of people asking me what I did to my wrist..for like a year now! Is there something that comes in colors, is light weight without a lot of padding and would be good for daily use? I know this seems trivial, but I would really like to look less surgical.
If anyone finds a site or knows of a company that makes this, please let me know! If I was at the store, and had to catch a door, without my brace on, it could un-due this whole surgery... Thanks!

• If you found what you need in black and beige just paint them to the color you want. They make paint that will stay on anything. Trust me, me and some paint can do some damage, although I am forebidden from painting anything any longer, I just don't stay in the lines anymore, haha.
  • Hey, a good idea!! Why didn't I think of that??? I did email a few sites asking if they had anything like what I am looking for... If I had the cash, I'd start my own line, then go on Shark Tank for more $$ when I needed to expand the business!!
    I read alot of the posts on this site...and you always have good advice...but question....your title is administrator...of what? I don't see anyone else with a title!? :)