Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

SCS for Rt foot nerve damage.

HighwaymanHHighwayman Posts: 47
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
Good Morning,

After many surgeries to get rid of my savage right heel pain which is gone, there is now much collateral damage in the ankle and foot. Some may call it failed tarsal tunnel surgery. Two neuromas in the ankle on heel nerves had to be cut to stop heel pain. I call it nerve pain from hell. Also in the ball of the foot has nerve damage from two surgeries to relieve 2 Morton’s neuromas. Those nerves were severed and resected into the arch of the foot. But there are many fine nerves in the ball area that are damaged from 2 previous surgeries. Every step I take whether the ankle or the ball of the foot is nerve pain. So the longer into the day and the longer into the week it is PFM. Narcotics do no good. I take 800 Neurontin 4x plus 1 400 a day and 1 60mg Cymbalta. By the end of the week I am shaking in pain. My job is 70% on my feet on concrete. I use every trick to protect the foot but I am still on it. Nights and weekends are spent on the couch with weight off wheels to be ready for work on Monday.
My PM Doc says this is my last option for this issue.
That said I had a SCS trail two weeks ago. The trail lasted five days. I was pleased with the results. Though I did not work I made sure to be up and on my feet.
Medtronic is the unit that will be put in me 10 August. I have only found 3 times on Google for the SCS being used for this issue. I know that this cannot be all but I am willing!!!!!!. The rep from Medtronic’s has not seen the SCS used for this purpose but in the end it is still a nerve issue and the trail results were 60% pain relief but at home. A paddle lead will be used. The trail lead was at T11. The NS also thinks there still might be scar tissue issues at L5-S1 fusion sight contributing to the foot issues.
During the surgery electrical sticky leads will be placed down my right leg to my toes and then the NS will determine the final placement of the paddle lead.
Is there anyone on this board who has had similar issue? If so, what has been your result?
Sorry so long winded. I do come here every day looking at the SCS board for assurance and the positive results that many of you have had.

God Bless,

• George,

My PM doc who placed my SCS told me he had a patient who was stuck in a wheel chair due to severe knee pain. She had an SCS implanted and was walking without support within a few days. Nerves are nerves and if you can block the pain signal with an SCS, that's awesome.

I hope you find it to work well for you.

• "C"
    Whether foot or knee or sciatica there are nerves involved. It is reassuring that the SCS is finding more uses as time goes on. This Wednesday is the day. I put off as long as I could but now that I made the decision to do it, let’s do it. I just need some relief. I am very tired physically and more so mentally. It is also trying on my marriage but there is no giving up in either of us.
    Just working for Wednesday.

God Bless,