Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Spinal Cord Stimulator

edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
I am getting a permanet spinal stimulator the 11th, can anyone tell me how theres is goin? Thanks!!!

• Ive had mine since Dec '10 and I couldnt live with out it, I also had a pns put in forlwer back pain, it just an extra lead just under the skin that sits directly on top of the problem disc, I had a revision on it and he is right on L4, but after having it on, for a few hours its starts to irritate me, and gets uncomfortable. My New neuro my other on sent mt to a neuro/pm, that installs pain plpumps and reills them every so often, its just easier to see one doctor the 2 for the same problem. We tried methadone the lowest dose available... .05mg, it really knowcked me on my rear, so I took one at 8pm the nlight befor I saw him and my 2 hydros at 7am the next morning, saw him at 11:00 am the folowing day and I was so out of it , I asked him if he would like the rest of the pills back, I couldnt handle them, he said well evidentaly your not tollarant to oral meds, even my hydros make me drowsy...I WANY MY LIFE BACK So we are going to do the trial this Thursday, I hope and pray and it helps and does the job, I have complete faith in him hes sweet and very respedtfull too, at my 2 app I told them I that I needed to pee and aksed for the specimine cup, theysaid your not on the list to watch, then offering him my pills back, he smilled and said no I Truse you, its when people didnt bring their pills for a count, or dont want to take the pee test. Im a security guard and we take them randomly all the time, Im up front with them,RX's if asked for , buts thats HIPPA law. Anyway sorry to bore you with this so Best of luck this willl do the trick, I NO LONGER have sciatia nerve pain running down my left leg, I think Id die without it, LOL Sincerly ROse, if you have any questions feel free to ask me or anyone on her its a great site. Rose backpainzz
  • I've been hanging around a month or so at this board - -
    Just curious how your trial went? Have so many questions, but need to write them down and just ask!
    I'm close to calling the doc to set up my trial, but am waiting on a "hopefully" job interview/upgrade to come through, and don't want to miss too much work.
  • I have been told there will be a good bit of pain,
    esp. as they will separate the shoulder muscle to
    get to were the leads will go. Also should I get
    a medical alert Id or will the wallet card do ok.
  • My neurosurgeon strongly suggested that I get the bracelet in addition to the wallet id so I did.
  • I did the SCS trial about a month ago, it worked great. I had the best sleep in a long time. It helped so much, I dropped off half my pain meds.
    On the 14(this Friday) they are putting in the real deal. I know it will be the greatest thing, but I still worry, I know I can't do alot for about six weeks. But will there be much pain, I'm a crybaby
    when it come to pain. Well I'll let you know how it goes.