Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

fatigue by noon

catccat Posts: 29
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I'm at 11 weeks post op from acdf c7t1 and find I get so tired by noon....I really want to lie down for an hour...is it normal to have this fatigue at 11 weeks recovery? I'm returning to work in 3 weeks hopefully and I won't be able to lie down at noon....I know pain and meds cause fatigue....how does one build up endurance or do you just keep going? Does anyone else get this tired?

• Hello,

I am about two weeks removed from ACDF (3-4 and 4-5). It could well be the meds that are tiring you. I have been off my meds for about a week, and have been walking religiously. My energy levels are good right now. But so many things may be a factor. Medicine, activity level depending on how you feel, foods, anything.

But I do hope you feel better......you will get there, it's not always easy rebounding from a major surgery.

Good luck!
  • If you Haven't started walking program, now would be a good time to do so. That will help build your endurance. After my first surgery, I began a routine of what I would normally do for work, before I went back and each day did a little more. So I basically mimicked my job on a daily basis. By the time I went back to work while still hard I was some what in shape for my job.
  • Thanks for the advise..I started walking right away and got up to 2 mile a day and unfortunately developed hip bursitis...I read on the forum that this has happened to others...so have to curtail the walking for a while.. Like the idea of mimicking the job...I'll try that. Hope I can get rid of the bursitis in 3 weeks. thanks
  • I can't mimic my job. I work in a busy restaurant doing 11 hour shifts. I go back in less than 2 weeks. We will see how this works out!

I don't get tired around noon but I do about 5pm.

I take Vicodin at night, and 5mg Valium at 10 and 4.

I am 6 weeks post op. I have my xrays and office visit on mon!! :/ I have a whole list of questions for doc!
    ACDF C4-5 June 23rd, 2011

Another surgery in the near future. I am 26 years old.

Current Meds- Norco 7.5/325, Cymbalta 60mg, Gabapentin, Adderall 20mg