Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Is there any relief for pain after lamonectomy???

heavywoodyhheavywoody Posts: 4
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Hi, I wanted to know if anyone out there can relate to this or can maybe point me in the right direction. I was diagnosed with spinal stenosis with disk degeneration. So I had a lamonectomy on L4-L5. I noticed after surgery my left leg seemed better, but never my right side. In fact, worse. I have tried everything under the sun. TENS/EMS, Acupuncture. inversion table, Neurontin, physical therapy, chiropractors, injections, pain management. I have tried everything under the sun. So I gave up about seven years ago. But progressively, it seems to get worse.

So here is what happens. If I sit in a chair, within an hour I start to feel the inflammation in my back and it tightens. When I stand up, I feel nerve back in back and down right leg. And once this happens, I am done for the day. Ibprofen and Heating Pads can help. But the nerve pain is just terrible. I am afraid to move too fast or else I find myself on the group screaming with nerve pain. It only last 10 seconds or so, but it is worse pain ever. And this has gone on for years. Same thing if I stand up. It seems anything I do aggravates my back and that nerve pain starts. So I am thinking I need to talk to my doctor to get a referral to another orthopedic surgeon to see what can be done.

I should also add that years ago I had seen other orthopedic surgeons, they would do MRI or CAT scan, and tell me "I dont see anything we can do". So it is like nothing shows up. So I have no idea what to do!!! But as a single parent with an 8 year old girl, I am tired of being in pain and telling my daughter I can't do something. Can anyone relate or offer any advice? I dont know what causes the problems. I did reading and I wonder if my spine is unstable and maybe a fusion would help?