Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

anyone with a scs and intrathecial pain pump?

backpainzzbbackpainzz Posts: 116
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Chronic Pain
Does anyone have a SCS and a pain pump? I love my scs, I also had a PNS(perifeial nerve stimulator)... leads set just under skin directly above problem disc. I had a revision of the Pns, And the neuro was dead on the L4 pain area, It did relieve some of the back pain, but after a while it was irritating of course the med tronics rep reprogramed it since they had the leg leads talking to the back leads to try and help, but this made me feel the stimulation in my bladder and lower intestines. anyway they readjusted it with not much help, So I was refered to a neuro / PM that would place the intrathecial pump and also manage the pain meds...fills. I go for the trial next week. Ive done a lot of reading here and Pm-ing Pat white pn here, and other places on the net, for me I feel this is the next and only last step. I hate being on oral hydro 10/3252 tabs 4x a day and the brain fog,and with the pump, a very tiny amount with go directly into the intrathecial area of the spinal cord and directly to the brain, with less side effects. And YES ai know they are pros and CONS, but for me and my age, I feel I've missed out on life for the past several years and I want to live, love and LAUGH again. When your in pain its hard to enjoy the little things in life with out have to pay for overdoing it, I'm not the type of person to set back, I want to LIVE. I do work as a security guard, and if I could get out of this pain I could work longer hours and more. PS no Im not crazy I just enjoy my job. looking forward to hearing andy one with both. thanks Rose backpainzz

• Before my Neuro/Pm, he wanted to try differant oral meds to see if that would be a better choice and to eliminate all other less drastic measures, He gave me .05mg of methadone, and I was so loopy I couldnt function, Im just one of those people that cant take oral meds and have a ton of brain fog, and functionality. I just wanted to add this to my above post. Rose
This discussion has been closed.