Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Urgently need response

nurseaannurseaa Posts: 47
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Neck Pain: Cervical
I have had an acdf c5-6 a year ago today. I havent fused as of yet and have been dealing with constant pain. My problem is that i took a really hard fall and wrenched my neck really bad as well as my back. i tried to catch myself with my right hand but still fell and ever since i have even more intense pain and oddly enough my left thumb keeps twitching on its own. does anyone have any idea what could be causin this? please repond if you do. Thanks

• Nurseaa,

Tomorrow morning I would give my doctor a call and explain what happened, and what you are feeling. Since your not fused yet, I am going to guess your surgeon has not released you yet, so he/she would be my first call.

I hope your fall only caused megga spasms, and all will be well. Please let us know how it goes. Sorry you're going through this.

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Only want to wish you well.

Good luck with this situation.

Gentle hugs,
  • Hi,
    This wasn't a great time to fall... call your doctor and take it from there. All kidding aside, you may in fact have a screw loose! Hopefully, things just swelled up and are aggravating the area..better to check with the Dr on this one!
    Best wishes!
  • Not being fused after a year is already an issue. Should of been fused already. You have not seen your dr sense you had the fall for him to take a look by geting an mri or something yet?
    Flexicore ADR 2004 resulting nerve damage l4l5 Fusion 2006 same level, 2009 hardware removal with lami !
    2012 scs implant ,
  • Hey brenda, really good to hear from u. i fell on saturday while i was out of town so today as soon as they opened I called but unfortunately they were out of the office but she said she would let the nurse know. I still havent heard from them!I have been back to work since september (i believe) but still under his care due to my disc not fusing AT ALL. I am wearing the bone growth stim religiously and takin vitamins n hope that helps.i hope it is spasms as well but i dont know it hurts worse than I remember it ever hurting before and when i try to reach out for something it feels like its rippin a nerve out.i appreciate all of the replys from gracie, frannie page, and alex hurting! It really means alot for people to care to type a few words even if it is just encouragement!All of u take care and I hope everyone is pain free soon!Ill keep ya posted to see what comes of this mess!
  • In my personal opinion, it sounds like you're having compression of the c-6 nerve root. This will cause the twitching as well as pain.

Post edited to remove URL, Solicitation is not permitted on Spine-Health

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Administrator 08/09/11

• Not fused after a year like Alex said is an issue all in itself! I'm almost a year and a half with a cracked C6 vertebra, and seeing a Orthopedic spine surgeon for a 3rd opinion - the last 2 were Neurosurgeons, and basically a redo and more levels (C7/T1 is going).

If you don't hear from them by mid day tomorrow, an ER visit might be something to put on the 'radar screen' as they say. My C7 nerve and C8 are in nuts mode at times, and it is not fun. If you do go to the ER, explain to them that you had cervical fusion surgery, and are NOT fused, and that you fell hard. They might take a harder look at you.

As for the dude that posted the Chiropractor site, he's a spammer for chiro business - ignore him, I've already reported him to the mods... Chiropractor is the LAST thing you need given your situation! For shame "doc" spammer!

I hope you have answers soon. I know this is for sure creeping you out - stress you don't need! Gentle support *HUGZ* woman!!

PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • Just wanted to send you a quick note, to know that I am thinking of you. So sorry that you had a fall. It concerns me too the fact that you are not fusing after a year. Any word back from your doctor? I, like Brenda, would be thinking ER visit if you don't hear from them today.

gentle >:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012