Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

4 months post MicroD, Reaggrivated

RaptorEMRaptorEM Posts: 8
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I had a Microdiscectomy on my L5S1(seems to be the most popular disc to go out). A few days later I had O.D. on my pain meds as I was over prescribed. My mother was over watching my kids and called an ambulance. Well the paramedic was helping me onto the gurnie, and reached his hand to assist. As i reached for it to lay back, the moved it and said i had to scoot down farther. Well I was on already commited and fell onto it. Bringing my knees up and bending me alot. I had tremendous pain in my left calf immediatly all the way til we got rolling in the ambulance. anyway, my dr wanted to just see how I went healing. I had constant discomfort in my foot and my lower back but nothing I would say was pain. I returned to work and nothing ever changed. Every day I have felt that I was not normal. Small pain here and there, every day a few times a day, at work and at home. Finally I did something, I dont know how. A twist I guess, and I felt a pressure like someone stuck their finger in my back and flicked it away. Now I have numbness in my thigh off and on, in my foot almost constantly, and a feeling in my left buttocks from time to time. My back hurts alot off and on. I have this constant feeling of not feeling right. This is day 3 of this. My Dr is closed and so Im going to the ER here soon, in hopes they will do an MRI and see wtf is going on. I just want to know what its going to take to get them to do another MRI

• Welcome to spine health. How did everything go for you last night? Did you go to the ER and did they do an MRI or any testing?

How long ago was it that you did the twisting movement that caused this increased pain and numbness? Are you taking pain medication, icing, to help?

Wishing you the best. Please keep us updated on how you are doing

>:D< Karen
    >:D< >:-D< : Karen
    L3-S1 herniation and bulges, stenosis, mod facet,ddd,impinged nerves,coccydinia
    discectomy/lami July 2011-unsuccessful
    adr L5-S1 Feb 2012
  • Long overdue for a reply here Im sorry. The ER did nothing. All they did was offer pain meds. Got into contact with my DR who was on vacation, and he told his office to push me through an mri asap. They drug their heals, and didnt get me one til the end of the month, then a follow up with my dr to go over them on the 9th of next month. I sent him an email going over the week of misery his assistants put me under after calling them everyday, and he got me an mri. I went over the results and he said my disc healed great but I have scar tissue that formed around it and through my back muscles. I walked every day, and work in a warehouse with alot of walking and body movement, so that suprised me. He said I had to walk more, and swim. He gave me 300 mg of a nerve medicine to help. I pushed though this last weekend doing alot of walking, stretching, and inversion 3-4 times a day. It feels a little better but really, not much. It came on fast and is going no where fast. I dont know what I am supposed to do to get this going. Thinking of joining the gym and swiming, stationary bike, and what ever else I can do. It just doesnt feel good. My back still has shooting pain, and my nerve settles down when I am laying down. I have full movement and mobility, nothing makes it better or worste with the exception of being vertical or horizontal. Vertical, it all is the same, and horizontal its all the same. I just pray that it gets under control.
  • Don't you just love when surgeons promise you they and their personnel will take great care of you post-op and then disappear or the personnel claim to not get the instructions?

Sorry to hear your procedure incurred so much collateral damage.
    On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008