Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need Answers

BeagleManBBeagleMan Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have had 2 back fusions the first in July of 09. It didnt take so in August 2010 I had my second fusion with rods and screws. After a year I am in more pain than I have ever been in. The meds don't work except to make me sleepy. The doctor insists everything is fine until my recent visit to my pain management dr. She told me my rods were moving. Well my surgeon seems to think there is nothing wrong, and because I am a workers comp case I can't get any answers. I know they are going to suggest surgery again but I dont want to get worse than I already am. I havent been able to work in three years because of my injury. I had injury to L4-L5 in 2008 had all the nerve blocks went through all the procedures and still no relief. I recently had an mri and still havent got the results from the dr. But I have the radiologists report it saysThere is enhancing scar tissue with left lateral recess perineural fibrosis. Could this be the cause of all my pain. I have severe pain and numbness in my lower extremities since the last surgery. Can anyone give me some answers.

• Hi

First let me say welcome to spine-health. One thing to consider with the nerve blocks is they might have been using them as a diagnostic tool and not so much for relief? Are you fused? If so you don't need the hardware any longer, and if it is the problem then removing it would be a good thing? Of course there is no guarantee that it will take the pain away. Have they done a emg study post surgery? You could have nerve damage, or the hardware sitting on the nerve? There have been many members here, whom once the hardware was removed they were back on the right path. Hopefully you will get those answers soon. Have you called your adjuster and asked for the follow-up with the surgeon so at least you know what is going on?

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. Check out the insurance section and you will see others post on dealing with work comp. Keep us posted on what you find out and decide to do.