Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

New and confused at 29yr. old.... Help please

candayccanday Posts: 2
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Spinal Stenosis
Thanks for looking

well I was not even sure what subject to post in... that's the basis of my problem...

What I have at 29yrs. old:
severe spinal stenosis, herniated disc (11mm @L5)
Disc degeneration, severe sciatica, narrowing <------ is this my diagnosis

I CAN NOT STAND UP STRAIGHT!!! Hunched over for 4 months!!!

So I can't figure out a couple things

chicken or the egg first...per say

I am overwhelmed trying to figure out what has happened to my body..

If I have a disk removed can I stand up straight...Is this from the the disk itself or the spinal stenosis,or degeneration??? I try to re-search...

I wanted to know someone who knows about this, or has/had basically the same issues..

can i do anything to make the bulge go away? I am in pain 24/7

Disk implant? Know about that?

Remove disk?

I am doing epidural steroid injection with no relief..

will it heal in time or am I .... S.O.L

So frustrated...to say the least :/

can I wait 6 more months in pain and have any chance in hell to be normal again?

• HI,
    I think you need to see an orthopaedic surgeon to have tests run, as I think you have a herniated disc. This will cause pain and will limit your ability to stand up straight. After testing, the dr will give you the results and suggest what he/she thinks would work best for you... Feel better!
    PS- if there is a problem, waiting can make it worse with nerve damage. don't wait to find an ortho dr.!
  • sounds pretty much a carbon copy of my situation that led to my first back surgery. i had to walk hunched over for about 3 weeks before i went under the knife. an 11 mm herniation is pretty large, in my opinion. for me i couldn't stand up straight because it hurt too darned much to, this was because the herniated disk compressed the S1 sciatic nerve root in the spinal canal. i was told the reason for this was because by straightening up my nerve root would further aggravated (the stretching of the nerve root caused by the act of standing up was just too painful). for me the surgeon went in an removed the portion of disk that herniated out and was compressing the nerve root. the pain relief was pretty much instantaneous and i was able to stand up again. for me though, i think i went too long before this surgery and i still have some residual nerve pain. granted i have had 3 more surgeries since(different levels) and all that has happened back there is contributing to my current pain situation.

good luck with whatever you do. keep us posted