Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

pain pain and more pain

koda-7-boykkoda-7-boy Posts: 1
I had back surgery on L-4L-5 one year ago.completely degenerated disc.Disc was completely gone,bone on bone.Had a cage\fusion put around spine..I had rear,leg and foot pain,STILL do.Pain management doctor I went to was MEAN.He acted like he didn't believe I was still in pain.My back surgeon then did a ctscan,he said everything looked good.I don't care if it looked good or not it still hurts,somedays where i just cant bear the pain.Has anyone had pain so bad their mouth watered??I have had this same pain for thirteen-fifteen years.I'm really worried it will be permenent I'am at the point where I don't care if I have to take pain meds for the rest of my life,I just want the pain to go away.Somedays I tell myself I'm just being a baby then the pain really sets in.......koda------

• HI,
    I think you should find a new doctor - someone who will keep looking until they find what the cause is..
  • Hi Koda,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. Have a look around and you will find others whom still have pain following surgery. A couple of things come to mind, in your case. One have they done a new EMG sense your surgery? If not now might be a good time to do so. The other thing is when you see a doctor for the first time, as in the pain management doctor, expect it to take some time to build a relationship. Hopefully on your next visit things will work out. If they don't find a new pm there are many qualified pm's out there whom care about their patients. You might look for a physiatrist for a pm doctor, they typically will handle all your care as far as ordering test and getting to the source of the pain. Also it is not uncommon and have seen many once they are fused to have their hardware removed, as you don't need it any longer. They can do a hardware block to see if that is what is still causing you pain.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health. Keep us posted on how you get along.