Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Howdy from TN

Charlottes WebCCharlottes Web Posts: 44
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:55 AM in New Member Introductions
Hello to Everyone!

It's been a bitter sweet journey through this forum. So many peeps in pain, yet such a positive, warm, and caring group! I am delighted to have found such a place where I can relate and find those facing the same challenges that I am. I look forward to meeting and interacting with all of you!

I have been researching 3 years for information and/or another person suffering from a tear and arachnoid cyst of the spine, T2 - T6 area. Alas, I found a post here regarding a member's arachnoid cyst in the same region! I am hopeful we can communicate through this forum.

I named my arachnoid cyst, Charlotte, after the spider in "Charlotte's Web". Just my sense of humor :O) I have a multitude of painful symptoms that fluctuate with every move and every minute. If I did it correctly, my other conditions should show below my post...

In any event, wishing you all a great night and hope to see you again soon!

advertisement

Comments

• Guess I didn't do this right to show in my post, but it is showing in my profile.

FYI:

Tear and Arachnoid cyst, T2 - T6, spinal cord. Symptoms: loss of feeling from the chest down, spasms, numbness, weakness in mid/lower back and legs, and chronic pain.
    Bilateral Shoulder Surgeries, 2 on Left, 4 on Right.
    Radial Nerve Surgery, Right Forearm, causing pain, numbness, and weakness in hand.
    Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, left and right wrist, causing pain, numbness, and weakness in both hands.
    Thoracic Outlet Syndrome, left and right arm.
    Cervical and Lumbar issues.
    Hydrocodone, 7.5, Xanax, 0.25 @ bed, Valium, 5mg, PRN (works well, but hate the side effects!)
  • HI Charlotte,

First let me say welcome to spine-health. Glad you have found someone with the same condition as you. There may also be others just not as easy to find. AS far as your medical, it would go in your signature line as long as it is 5 lines and under. Otherwise you can place it in your profile under medical history. Some do and some don't, but if you are wondering what is wrong with someone click on their user name and if they have done it, will be there. Don't click on mine as, I don't have it listed, don't want to scare of the new members.

Just thought I would stop by and welcome you to spine-health.
  • Thank you for the warm welcome and advise, Tamtam! I had listed my med conditions in my profile, but now understand how to have them show in posts. Since the list is sooooo long I'll keep them there. Gosh, hope I don't scare anyone off! ;)

I would like to say Hello to the Lady I mentioned above, so off to learn the proper etiquette for "Buddy" and "Private Message"!

Looking forward to this new adventure!

Have a great evening!
  • hi and welcome to the forum! we are here to offer you support and answer what questions we can. i want to just say hello and i am so glad you dropped in! please have a good look around the different forums and make yourself at home! i can see you have found your way around pretty well all ready!! even though we don't share the same symptoms, we do have pain in common as you will with all us spineys!! i wish you the best of luck with "Charlotte"! stop by anytime! Jenny
  • Hello to you, Jenny, and thank you for taking the time to pop in and say hi to me! I can tell this is a sweet group of peeps here and look forward to spending more time in the forum. I think my most urgent issue at this time, is getting my meds straight. My "Angel" Doctor moved his practice a couple of hours away from me, and as a result I have landed in the Twilight Zone, oh, I mean a Pain Clinic! Eight months later, I'm still trying to get them to prescribe my meds as my former Dr. did. I feel like a Hamster running a wheel.... @)

I'm looking through the "Chronic Pain" forum, and that may just be the place for me since "Charlotte" doesn't have a "Conditions" category.

Not wishing you pain, but hope to see you there! AND, thanks again for the warm welcome and well wishes.

Have a great and pain free evening!
  • It's nice to see another Tennessee face in the family. I wish it wasn't under these conditions, but non the less, I am glad you found Spine Health and hope you find the answers and comfort you are looking for on here. Thoracic problems are quite a bit rarer than cervical or lumbar issues, but you did come to the right place to find some people that can relate to your problems, especially when it comes to dealing with pain. Take care and I hope you can have less painful days in the future.

Keith
  • How 'bout those Titans??? I'm delighted to find another Tennessean too!!! I'm sorry to read about all the issues and injuries you have. I hope you're not in too much pain, and having better luck than I with the "new" Pain Management trend in our State. I am new to these clinics, and not loving it! LOL I posted regarding some of my issues in the "Chronic Pain" forum. Would love to hear your opinion?

I hope to dive back into the "Thoracic" forum sometime today, but off to rest these arms!

Thanks so much for posting, it's great to meet you, Keith, and hope you are having a great day!

Tina
  • Greetings. I am amazed to find someone suffering through the same. I was diagnosed with a thoracic arachnoid cyst at T1 in December. I thought I was the only one..after many internet searches as well. My pre-surgery symptoms were left sided arm and leg weakness, shoulder pain, brain zaps, dizziness and vertigo and finally progressing to autonomic dysfunction and loosing control of my legs after being misdiagnosed and sent to PT. The cyst was tethering my spinal cord and blocking CSF flow. I had a T1-T3 laminectomy with cyst removal. Eight months later I am still struggling with significant spasticity and autonomic dysfunction. I am struggling through all of this with baclofen and tylenol. This has been life changing. I have gone from an active full life to struggling through each day. I have been told that it takes a year or more to recover so I am still holding out some hope that this will get better.
  • Welcome to spine world, it IS a pleasure to meet you, but sad it's under these circumstances! I'm sorry surgery hasn't produced a better outcome for you, but hope the next few months bring more improvement. I had been searching 3 years and recently turned up a post from a member here with an arachnoid cyst. She hasn't posted since I've been here, but she may be having surgery.

You must be struggling horribly with pain! Why won't your Dr. give you pain medication?

I see my NS next week to discuss surgery again. Charlotte changed in shape sometime last year between MRI's, so we discussed surgery in Nov.. He gave the surgery a 50/50 success rate, not good odds, and NO chance of improving the damage already done. I decided to hold off and see what Charlotte would do. Until recently, I thought I could beat this, but I'm getting worse, and my "mind over matter" techniques are failing.

WOW, (still in shock you found my post) <:P I have so many questions for you! Are you still able to walk? I barely have the strength in my legs now to stand, I'm on a walker or cane but have bad shoulders/arms and can't hold myself up, and just gripping the the walker/cane is painful. Also, have you suffered weight loss? I'm down to 103 at 5' 10" and not sure I'm healthy enough for surgery!

Although our condition is rare, here and elsewhere, I have learned so much pouring over these forums, and know you will too! It's loaded with information and caring peeps! I'm hoping I'll get the energy today to start a new post titled "Arachnoid Cyst" in the "Upper Back Pain, Thoracic" forum.

Meanwhile, I'm looking forward to hearing more from you! You are NOT alone!!!

Wishing you a pain free day!!! >:D<
advertisement