Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Scoliosis or short leg issues

Lili_InuLLili_Inu Posts: 633
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I have been told by a chiropractor and acupuncturist that my upper back pain is most likely caused by the asymmetry of my body. I will be seeing my NS for a complete body scan to see if I have scoliosis or if my hip is level or if one leg is anatomically shorter. Since I was 12 years of age, I always noticed that the pant leg on my right side was always longer. Maybe this has been the cause of my spine issues and the fact that my upper left shoulder and neck muscles are so damn tight!

Is there any one out there who discovered that they have scoliosis as the root of their spine/muscular issues? I was told that my posterior neck muscle spasms are not related to the surgery or symptoms of a C5/6 complex. I would love to hear from someone with a similar dilemma! Thanks! :)
2011 ACDF C5-6 for Spondylosis with Myleopathy
2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches

• It will be interesting to hear what your NS says. I attribute my long-standing neck pain and tightness to the issues in my neck similar to yours - the osteophytes, stenosis and inflammation. When I went to a chiropractor years ago he said my neck looked like it had been in an accident. I met with the Orthosurgeon who did my neck last week to start looking at my lower back issues. He looked at my MRI and told me about scoliosis in the lower back where the back not only was curved somewhat wrong but somewhat rotated as well. Let us know what your surgeon says. I'm going to be going for nerve blocks in L5S1 to see if that helps my low back/leg /feet problems.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Yes, I'm curious what my NS will say. I am almost certain he will say that my asymmetry is not the cause. Both acupuncture and chiropractic practices are not regarded as "medical" practices and MDs have always looked down upon them.

Since I spoke with the NS office this morning, I have been leaning my body towards the side I have pain and it has been putting less strain and pain on those muscles. There might be some truth to all this "lopsidedness". I will definitely update once I find out more. I am a believer that pain is the way our bodies communicate that there is dysfunction. Hopefully we can all be pain free if we can find the cause! 8>
    2012 L4-5 herniated disc and hernated disc at C4/5 2013 Taking Amitriptyline for headaches
  • I spoke again with my NS office and the nurse said that he spoke with my NS and he said that he believes I have a spine alignment problem that's causing my pain. Still waiting to hear if he wants to meet with me first or he is going to send me to get images first. Very anxious to get to the root of this pain! :W