Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Need some advice

Papa57PPapa57 Posts: 28
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Recovering from Surgery
Hi 2 weeks post op I am walking 1.5 miles day is this enough does any one know I'm still sore and left foot still numb.give me some advice.

• Sounds to me like your doing great at two weeks post op. Did your surgeon give you any ideas as to what you should be doing? You don't want to over do it, but then you do what to see what you can do. So if you find yourself being to sore then you know your probably going to far. But in my eyes your doing wonderful, so keep up the good work. Keep us posted on how well you keep doing. Love to hear the positive stories.
  • 1.5 miles sounds like more than enough to me. My surgeon's advice was for minimal walking until 2 weeks out, then building to 30 mins daily by 6 weeks (at a good aerobic pace) then increased to an hour a day by 12 weeks.

I have had minimal pain and setbacks following this schedule and made sure to walk on level ground with good walking shoes. Hope this helps.
  • Walked 3 miles total today have been icing back at night really feels good still no bending or lifting did anyone out their have a bone frag stuck in their s1 nerve along with blown L5/S1. If this has happened to u and your far along in your post op please contact me and let me know how you are doing I return to ns 8/30 for the first time since surg and boy di have ?s please send me a post.