Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

neurostimmulator implant spinal mass

Carol LCCarol L Posts: 1
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Spinal Cord Stimulation
My son has a history of malignant hypertension, and Polyarteritis Nodosa was in his gall bladder, which was removed. He is 27. He has or has had eight out of the ten symptoms related to diagnosing PAN. Still we have no firm diagnosis, thus no treatment. In the meantime he is suffering from severe left foot neuropathy, and is being evaluated for a neurostimmulator. The question I have is regarding the spinal mass found. Specifically, T-1 isointense, T-2 heterogenious mass, T-3,4 neuroforamen mass left side 1.5 cm. He is sceduled for another MRI in 7 weeks to see if this mass has changed. It is, at this point "of unknown etiology". Is it safe, or advisable to implant a neurostimmulator when there is a mass on the spine above the implant? If an MRI can't be done after an implant, what other test could he have to re-evaluate the mass?

Carol L

• This question really needs to be discussed with your doctor. Have them be specific. We're not doctors here and as such are not qualified to advise on what radiology exams could detect a tumor. Again, I would ask the doctor for a specific answer. If he has a test in mind, I would have him run it alongside the MRI to verify if the test is accurate.