Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Traveling after Posterior fusion..Insicion healing

dilynnddilynn Posts: 37
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Another question sorry. I have to say it is nice to be back. Recognize some old names. Thanks for the advice.
My hubby and I had vacation scheduled prior to surgery. Surgery July 26. C6-C7 Posterior fusion with hardward. No Lamy.
Our trip was to be camping with 2 other couples which are very helpful.It is a 6 hour drive and then tenting it. We are supposed to leave tomorrow but I feel like crap tonight..Is going that far and tent camping unrealistic. I don't think there is a med center for a few miles. We live in Michigan and are going to the UP if anyone knows is pretty but not alot of big towns.
Is this pretty unrealistic. PA didn't really say I couldn't but just said where collar no swimming and be careful. Mentioned it was a pretty long drive...:-(

I have a question about incision. Staples were just taken out yesterday. Hubby said it looks pretty bumpy and red but no drainage or fever. I am keeping it clean. I think the heat and collar do irritate it some..What are the chances of infection at this point? Pretty dumb question coming from a nurse...LOL
2007 ACDF C6 - C7
2010 Aspen Cage L4,L5 for Grade 2 Spondo and spinal stenosis
2011 Non-Union C6-C7, Revision Posterior fusion with hardware.
2012 Failed fusion of L4, L5. Revision L4, L5 Fusion with hardware.

• RangerRRanger on da rangePosts: 805
    hi dilynn,

If anybody knows their limitations it would be you being a nurse. I'd say just be really careful, don't do anything that you think may be a detriment to your recovery. When in doubt, wear your collar for support and safety. Hope you have a great time and a lot of fun, just be safe!