Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

How do you get a response on this forum when you post?!?!?!

wildfire_101wwildfire_101 Posts: 68
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
I posted something either yesterday or the day before and still haven't had any responses yet or even any ideas about what might be going on with me...I am at the point of giving up...and i still have learned to deal with it wrong with me...so maybe i can get someone to tell me what i am doing or saying wrong that i don't get any advice on here? Am i not hurt enough or something? anyway i just wanted to know...

• Posting in the most appropriate forum as it relates to your questions or concerns, avoiding duplicate post in multiple forums. Leaving out any language that can be misconstrued as antagonistic. Being clear and concise in what you are asking and why. Being patient and allowing others the chance to read your post as well as the multitude of others. Understand that many may read your post and feel they have nothing to share.

We are not here to diagnose whatever is wrong with an individual, we are a member community of spine patients, family and friends here to share experience, strength and hope.

There are times when a member gets upset over the fact that they are receiving little to no response on their threads and posts and asks "why is no one answering my posts?" Many times when this happens it exacerbates the problem versus fixing the problem.

If you are in need of more immediate feedback then check out the chat rooms and that way you don't have to wait for someone to answer your post on the forums.

• There are not that many people in this forum anymore.

It used to have very heavy traffic with every thread getting many replies, but I'm guessing the political correctness of late has claimed another pyrrhic victory.

On the sunny and mild Central Coast of California

L4-L5 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy June, 2007
    L5-S1 endoscopic transforaminal microdiscectomy May, 2008
  • I answered your other posts.

I think "C" makes some valid points, but also, try breaking up your posts into paragraphs. One big long paragraph is very hard to read and some will skip by it if the whole post is like that.

Also, this tends to be a bit of a slower time on the forums as kids are going back to school, etc. Try and be patient...someone will come along and answer your post if they can offer something.

Take care,
  • Hi Wildfire;

What Cath mentioned about the big long paragraph is so true. I did see your post, but didn't read it because of that. I suffer from daily headaches, which turn into migraines so easily from too much reading, so when I see a post like that, I automatically skip over it.

Sometimes we just need to be patient while waiting for responses. There is generally less traffic from Friday to Monday, as people are off trying to enjoy time with their families on the weekends, especially during peak holiday seasons and in the summer in general.
    APROUD CANADIANveteranButNOTa doctor, my thoughts are my own