Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

advertisement
advertisement
Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

Notice
All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

alif L5-L6 ha anyone ran into a cracked fusion?

raymondrraymond Posts: 51
edited 06/11/2012 - 7:55 AM in Lower Back Pain
hello im not new here just hadnt been on much.i had alif l5-l6 jan 4 2011.
firt 4 to 5 month's i thought some of my problem was taking care of but wrong.
worker's comp made me start my phyical therpy 5 month post op.which i kept telling them it wasnt helping me any
so in june i said enough last 2 trips something happen and i called my doctor and went in had xrays and didnt show anything.
so he wanted to wait little longer to make sure it wasnt nerve's still healing,
so july 29 i had a milagram done with contrast.so i had to return to his office august 4 and showed me my result's
and it shows a bone or spur 1 at the back of 1 of the screw's it broke and flipped right around which goes into my nerve canal.or where the nerves comes out looks to be maybe half inch or inch to me anyways.since the dye my lower back and both legs and feet are killing me no relief in anything ive got to take for my back.
so hes going back in from my back and do a decompressing and rods.and he said he should have done this first time
which is just my luck and my fusion is cracked also dont know if i metion that or not.im taking lyrica and percocet 5 milgram which helps none what so ever .
what should i ask for that might help relieve some this back pain and nerve pain,not sleeping to much ,
does anyone know what the cracked fusion might cause or just heal back on its on?any advice be thankful for.

lyrica
percocet 5 mil
alif l5-l6
jan 4 2011
thank you ray
advertisement

Comments

• Ray,

Greetings! Awaiting 2 back surgeries, but have had two fusions in my cervical spine, and approximately 5 months post op, the top of my C6 vertebra (or maybe the very bottom of the last fusion - had a partial corpectomy) cracked! My surgeon at the time felt it would "self resolve", and to give it a year since my neck was stable.

It did not resolve, and I see a new surgeon this week to see about fixing my fubar'd neck. Stability was the key word I picked out of my crack. If the hardware is such that all is held in place, they might have you do like I, wait to see if it heals on its own.

I've done a bit of digging on the Internet about cracks, and if they don't resolve on their own, there is a plaster like substance they can inject into the crack to facilitate healing. If there is movement, they may have to go in and revise the fusion (which is what I am facing, plus other levels).

Fingers crossed that yours isn't moving, and can heal on its own. Sorry to hear yet another with this type to thing. Gentle understanding support *HUG*

Brenda
    PCTF C4 - T2, Laminectomies C5, C6 & C7. Severe Palsy left arm/hand.
  • thank you for your reply .i hope every thing goes well for you sound like you have your own battle as well.
    since the milagram with contrast its been down hill
    compared to my pain in my leg and feet before was 6
    and now its 9-10 long night's..lol
    thank you for your time to reply.........ray
This discussion has been closed.