Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

Worst day in a while

chattiecchattie Posts: 37
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Depression and Coping
Today is the worst pain that I've had in a while, the headache is making my whole head and face hurt!
I'm getting desperate for something to get better I wanna cry!

• I'm sorry you're in such pain. What's going on?
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Thanks for your concern, i as of yet undiagnosed so have no real way of know what my actual problem is but I am getting severe headaches due to my neck and today the headache is coming up over my head and is really painful just above my eyes heading down through my nose and behind my eyes, my headahces don't respond it pain killers so I'm really struggling today as I am at work etc, My neck muscles are also really tense and c2/c4 are just really painful
  • Does heat or lidocaine patches help at all? Maybe a tens unit might help...just a couple thoughts.
    4 level ACDF C4-C7 5-2-11, laminectomy & discectomy L4-L5 1/26/12, ALIF L4-5, L5-S1 12/10/12.
  • Heat doesn't really seem to make a difference but I will give it a go, what are these patches I've never eard of them I don't know if I can get them here?
    I don't finish up at work till 6pm but I do have a tens machine that I haven't tried using yet but I might just get it out and see if it helps any
  • dilaurodilauro ConnecticutPosts: 9,851
    is to get clearly diagnosed in terms of what your medical problem is.
    Patches, Tens Units, etc are designed to help with specific problems. But before you start using any of these or other types of treatments, its important to understand what your spinal problem is.
    Once that is identified, your doctors will be able to put you on a treatment plan designed to help you.
    Ron DiLauro Spine-Health System Administrator
    I am not a medical professional. I comment on personal experiences
    You can email me at: rdilauro@veritashealth.com
  • want to talk to your family doctor and review your medication .i too have very bad days .but i had a lot more before he reviewed mymed.it may help .as do TENS and ice and heat .and i know you wont want to do much when you aren't feeling good BUT if you can find the strength to do something like swim or even a short walk that helps too
    1997 laminectomy
    2007 repeat laminectomy and discectomy L4/L5
    2011 ALIF {L4/L5/S1}
    2012 ? bowel problems .still under investigation
    2014 bladder operation may 19th 2014
  • Inappropriate post, member warned

Ron DiLauro, Spine-Health System Administrator 09/14/11