Welcome, Friend!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Veritas-Health LLC has recently released patient forums to our Arthritis-Health web site.

Please visit http://www.arthritis-health.com/forum

There are several patient story videos on Spine-Health that talk about Arthritis. Search on Patient stories
Protect anonymity
We strongly suggest that members do not include their email addresses. Once that is published , your email address is available to anyone on the internet , including hackers.

All discussions and comments that contain an external URL will be automatically moved to the spam queue. No external URL pointing to a medical web site is permitted. Forum rules also indicate that you need prior moderator approval. If you are going to post an external URL, contact one of the moderators to get their approval.
Attention New Members
Your initial discussion or comment automatically is sent to a moderator's approval queue before it can be published.
There are no medical professionals on this forum side of the site. Therefore, no one is capable or permitted to provide any type of medical advice.
This includes any analysis, interpretation, or advice based on any diagnostic test

scheduled for hardware removal and laminectomy/decompression of L3-4

jayhawkjjayhawk Posts: 1,032
edited 06/11/2012 - 8:55 AM in Back Surgery and Neck Surgery
Feeling overwhelmed and a bit terrified!

This will be my 5th back surgery....you would think I would be use to this by now.

I am using a new surgeon this time, a neurosurgeon. I just think a new set of eyes might be a good thing. Someone who isn't invested in "his work".

I have been in pain since 07, I pray this will do it!

I'm terrified of doing this by myself this time....Life has changed a lot since my fusion and my pending divorce, but I have great friends and the support of my church.

I won't be doing PT right away this time. He just wants me to walk for the first 4-6 weeks. Since I herniated L3-4 at 8 weeks post op following my fusion, I am comfortable with this.

Hoping everyone has a good day!

• Hi Shari!!

Long time, no see (or read!)
    So you have a plan at last to deal with your pain.

You will not be on your own ....
    you have God right by your side,
    and all of us will be here to support you and encourage you through your recovery.
    All your friends and church will be there too, helping and supporting you along the way.

This time, my friend, it will be the solution to get you back to your life. I pray that your future will be golden and full of blessings.
    >:D< >:D< >:D<

You can do this!! :X
  • I haven't been around much and I am sorry. I just have been so overwhelmed with many issues and battling the emotional stress. But I trying!

I pray this will do it for me and that I can heal completely without any further complications.

Initally there was talk of fusing L3-4, then conserned about MS, so when my new surgeon recommended doing the least invasive, I jumped at that option. I pray it is enough!

How are you feeling Jelly? I miss you!
  • Hi Jay,

Sorry to hear you need more surgery but I hope that this is "the one" that does it for you.

I will be thinking of you - let us know how it goes. Oh and if you need any bubble wrap....
  • Hi; and i just wanna wish you the best of luck, with your up-coming surgery.
    I know how you feel when you have all these other issues to deal with at the same time,so just take them in order of importance.

Sometimes you have to wonder "when will this stuff end", and besides the physical part, mentally it becomes exhausting.

So take care and my best to ya.
  • Hope this surgery goes well for you and that it will be the last one.

I'm sure you'll find walking will be enough during the early part of recovery. Hopefully the cold weather won't have set in next month and you'll be able to enjoy the sunshine.

XLIF L2-4 20.8.15
    ALIF L4/5 2009
    Laminectomy/discectomy L4/5 2008
  • Thank you so much for your support!

I giggled at the thought of cold weather. :)

I'm in southern Texas and we have had 20+ days in the 100's with no end in site.....it's just HOT! So I am praying that by mid Sept it will have cooled off so I can walk outside. If not, I'm not sure what I will do as I won't be able to drive.